Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the email's subject.
- The Agriculture engineer reports to the Program Manager & Country Director
- S/he is supposed to work mainly in Northern Bekaa region, with expectations to also work at the national level, when needed, or when asked by the management. In addition to support in Logistics, Technical, Administration, etc.).
Place of Work
S/he is based in Northern Bekaa.
Target Area: Northern Bekaa (Hermel-Arsal-Qaa-Labweh and surroundings).
Target groups; farmers, groups of farmers, municipalities.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the agriculture engineer is responsible to:
- Engage fully in the implementation of the project agriculture activities as required, including designing and implementing training programs to farmers.
- Implement project’s activities in a timely, effective and efficient manner;
- Participate in the production of the M&E plan and Data collection with the Program Manager and the M&E Officer
- Participate in the production of quality narrative, in coordination with the management staff and in compliance with RET’s and the donor’s expectations.
- Participate in farmers’ training on agriculture best practices, field & crops management, IPM, harvest and Post-Harvest technologies, food processing and related subjects.
- In coordination with the Program Manager, the Country Director, and also with the Project staff , develop effective and efficient Work-Plans, detailing each required step to achieve RET’s objectives, in compliance with project’s indicators.
- Under the supervision of the Program manager, closely follow up on the implementation of the Work-Plan, and, if necessary, take any corrective measure to ensure timely implementation of the activities and/or revision of the Work-Plan;
- Guide the project staff, consultants, beneficiaries, and village committees in their day-to-day work, ensuring that the activities are planed efficiently and implemented as per the project’s parameters.
- 100% of his/her time is field missions, ensuring that the project activities are effectively implemented in line with work plan requirements.
- Manage her/his subordinates, ensuring that a proper team spirit prevails;
- Report to the program Manager, in a timely manner, any discrepancy, challenge, or difficulty met during the planning and implementation of the activities, especially when it could affect the achievement of RET’s objectives, and/or the relationship with the communities and target groups.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- At the beginning of each project, participate with the Program Manager and the M&E Officer in the development, of the M&E Plan, tools & templates;
- Together with Reporting Officer and the Project staff, ensure that data on beneficiaries, processes, progress and performance are collected, entered, and analyzed in a timely fashion, and documented in line with DQA requirements, using the proper project tracking tools designed under the supervision of the senior managers.
- Follow up with Project staff, beneficiaries, and village committees and stakeholders on implementation of programmatic activities, in line with the projects’ work plans and M&E plans (Timelines, Milestones & Targets)
- Review the field completed M&E forms (ensuring accuracy, completion & timeliness of datasets & forms).
- Participate in the timely development of periodic consolidated project reports (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, or final reports).
- Participate in beneficiaries training and designing curriculums and topics with the direct support and supervision of the Program Manager and the Country Director; in addition to program partners, beneficiaries, and consultants.
- Follow up with the project staff on inconsistencies, resolving data discrepancies, highlighted by the Reporting Officer, upon reviewing and comparing monthly reports to M&E forms;
- Conduct periodic data quality checks, in coordination with the program Manager and the M&E Officer or equivalent and the Country Director;
- Hold frequent (as required: physical presence or remotely) coordination meetings in Beirut or in the field.
- Participate in the elaboration of project proposals (narrative, operational and financial);
- If requested by the Program Manager or the Country Director, participate in coordination meetings with the authorities and/or partners;
- Complete any additional task, as requested by the Program Manager or Country Director.
In addition, like all RET Staff
- Comply with internal policies, ensuring that activities and their performance comply with what is established in RET's Code of Conduct and other Policies;
- Work as a team member to achieve RET’s goals;
- Manage in a transparent way RET’s resources, fulfilling effectively and efficiently the tasks entrusted;
- Propose, constructively, alternative solutions to problems that arise in the work area.
Core Competencies Required
- Experienced Agriculture engineer with a minimum 3 years of experience.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills both in English and Arabic. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with relevant institutions and organizations.
- Integrity: Work with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to RET core values and humanitarian principles.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally acceptable manner;
- Knowledge and skills: Require general finance, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, project management, and information management and telecommunication skills;
- Confidentiality: Appreciation and understanding of confidentiality and use of discretion when dealing with employment/staff matters.
- Bachelor degree (Master degree is a plus), in Agriculture Engineering and related fields.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, proficient level of local official language and English language both in writing and speaking;
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages and comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Management of people, administration, project management, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, general finance knowledge, experience with working and interpretation with data (preferable presentation of the documentary evidence);
- Flexibility to manage different tasks effectively and willingness to put in extra hours when required.
Education Degree Details:
Bachelor degree (Master degree is a plus), in Agriculture Engineering and related fields.