Part Time Quality Control Officer (Kitchens) – West Bekaa, Akkar & Hermel
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert "Quality Control Officer - (area of concern)” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
The Quality Control Officer is responsible for monitoring and following up on the implementation of Lebanon School kitchens Project in Public Schools, with main responsibilities to ensure appropriate food safety measures are applied in the kitchen during preparation of the meals in public schools.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Monitor the project activities; starting from the procurement phase, to the preparation phase in the kitchen and the distribution of meals to students.
- Coordinate with the kitchen manager to ensure all food items and supplies are available on site, and are procured according to the specific rules and procedures of the donor.
- Check orders for accuracy, confirm quality, quantity and specifications and approve receipt of supplies accordingly, and reject and return unacceptable supplies.
- Prepare and maintain inventories to ensure accuracy, efficiency, compliance, proper supplies handling and minimal damage.
- Train the kitchen staff on food safety and kitchen management.
- Ensure food safety norms and standards are applied at all stages of implementation (preparation, distribution and storage) as indicated in the training manual and relevant SOPs.
- Ensure employees are following all food safety and basic hygiene standards.
- Follow the cleaning schedule and fill the related checklists on the opening and closing of each shift.
- Collect and review all checklists and schedules filled by the kitchen manager.
- Collect daily forecast and attendance sheets in coordination with the school supervisor/health educator. Check as well the health record for any allergy.
- Work on the traceability system and FIFO strategy to ensure proper storage of the raw materials and leftover.
- Implement and monitor HACCP and food safety standards in the kitchen.
- Assess, discuss and address program challenges with the project manager.
- Attend and participate in IOCC meetings, when necessary.
- Take disciplinary action, when directed.
- Manage and supervise the alternative plan (distribution of family rations) until students resume school attendance given the current circumstances.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and initiative taker.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
- Good computer skills.
- Good knowledge of food security norms and standards.
- Ability to achieve results and meet deadlines in a demanding, pressured and fast-paced environment.
- Diplomacy and dynamic personality.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field.
- Ability to work based on a flexible schedule
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Experience in kitchen or catering company is preferred
- Field work.
- Visits to Mansourieh office for meetings, trainings and related paper work.
- Preferable that candidate resides in the relevant areas.
- West Beqaa
- Joub Jannine
- بعلبك الهرمل