Social Worker (North & Akkar)
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV to: [email protected]. To ensure the timely review of your resume, please insert "Social Worker” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
The Full-time Social Worker will be responsible for conducting outreach activities, and meet the unique needs of each beneficiary in the targeted areas. He/she will be responsible to assist and follow up on the Emergency Cash Assistance (ECA) activity in the targeted areas.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Perform appropriate community outreach activities for Syrian refugees
- Identify vulnerable individuals and provide them with the best opportunity to connect to care services
- Provide needed assistance to the targeted beneficiaries and make necessary and timely referrals to specialized health care services whenever needed, respecting confidentiality and the beneficiary’s right.
- Follow up on the referred cases to ensure their access to the right services
- Provide awareness sessions on several topics, such as, but not limited to, non-communicable diseases, IYCF, and waterborne diseases and hygiene
- Receive referrals from different NGOs for the emergency cash assistance
- Assess the referred cases, gather the needed information and take the decision to provide the cash assistance accordingly
- Ensure that the cash assistance is provided in an efficient and effective manner to the eligible population
- Follow up on cases to ensure that they have received the right care
- Build the capacity of the Health Outreach Volunteers on health-related topics and on detecting and referring cases in need
- Hold a monthly meeting with the field staff and Senior Health Officer to follow up on the beneficiaries’ status
- Ensure timely reporting of the activities to the Senior Health Officer
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and initiative taker.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations.
- Dynamic personality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English; French is a plus.
- 2-3 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in NGO and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Previous experience in working with children and vulnerable populations is an advantage.
- Stationed in the field, with frequent visits to IOCC office.