Senior Operations Officer / Operations Manager
Applications should include a detailed CV and a motivation letter. Please send your CV and motivation in English to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. The deadline for submission is March 17, 2021.
Position: Senior Operations Officer / Operations Manager
Duty station: Beirut, Lebanon
Line Manager: Area Programme Director
Starting Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance worldwide. In 2020, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development programmes in 20 countries. PIN draws on extensive experience across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. PIN has been active in the Middle East since 2003, currently implementing emergency response and recovery programmes in the region with primary focus on the Syria crisis response (since 2012). Programmes for conflict-affected communities focus mainly on Emergency Food and Cash Assistance, WASH, Education and Shelter, in addition to Early Recovery and Livelihoods sectors. Please see our website for details about our programmes in Syria, Iraq and the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure processes and procedures related to finance, logistics and HR are implemented and follow PIN’s and donors’ rules and requirements;
- Ensure financial and compliance management of PIN’s implementing partners (including assessment and due diligence of potential partner organizations, partner budgeting, training and regular monitoring);
- In coordination with the Area Programme Director oversee the hub economy; prepare and oversee operational budget (incl. cost allocation planning, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost-efficiency monitoring, FX rate risk, etc.), and contribute to support costs planning needs for new and existing projects;
- Ensure that PIN’s accounting practices, financial and administrative procedures and processes are in place (incl. proper documentation archiving);
- Overall responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data in line with PIN’s internal rules, local legislation (if relevant) and donor rules;
- Responsible for approval of contracts, invoices and authorization and coordination of payments;
- Responsible for monitoring of financial risks related to PIN activities and operations (FX rate, compliance);
- Work closely with hub level programme staff and mission support staff on project financial management and other related financial issues, including financial and project donor and HQ reporting, and annual and project audits;
- In coordination with the Head of Finance contribute to mission economy including identification of gaps, financial and procedural risks, and provision of appropriate solutions;
- In coordination with the Area Programme Director and Regional HR Manager manage recruitment of new staff and ensure implementation of relevant national and international staff policies;
- Ensure effective logistics support to programme staff at the hub level, including office-set up and office management, assets management, procurement and purchases (of programme items as well as office items and services, and negotiations with local suppliers and contract management);
- Provide technical support, guidance and capacity building to partners’ finance, logistics and procurement teams to ensure effective operations and high-quality programming in line with PIN’s and donors’ guidelines and procedures;
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with hub-level programme staff, and regional and HQ support staff (including Head of Finance, Finance Officer, Regional Head of Systems and Operations, and Regional HR Manager);
- Ensure that key support policies are developed and continuously updated as required and appropriate to the context;
- Ensure compliance with local legislation, rules and regulations.
- Previous experience with managing systems, logistics, administration and HR;
- Experience with finance management of international donors;
- Experience with partnership management is a strong asset;
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization, including in developing and delivering systems in compliance with EuropeAid, DFID and USAID procedures, is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English;
- Fluency in Arabic is a strong asset;
- Strong coordination, organizational, critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Working experience with an accounting and economic software.
People in Need offers:
- Friendly and participatory working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Strong support in professional and personal development with on-the-job couching, technical guidance, and internal and external training opportunities;
- Salary according to PIN salary scale and HR policies;
- 24 days of paid leave annually.