Applicants should submit:
- Cover Letter, that also states if they are eligible to work in Lebanon;
- Previous work samples that reflect the required experience;
Applications must be sent to [email protected]. Mention in Email Subject: Application – Communications Manager;
Deadline for submission: 1 March 2021.
Adyan Vision: Adyan envisions a world where diversity between individuals and communities is lived as enrichment, generating mutual understanding, inclusive citizenship, creative development, sustainable peace, and spiritual solidarity.
Adyan Mission: Adyan works on valuing cultural and religious diversity in its conceptual and practical dimensions, and on promoting coexistence and diversity management among individuals and communities, on the social, political, educational and spiritual levels.
Adyan Strategy: Adyan serves its mission according to a Strategic Plan that includes the Foundation’s goals and their related targets. This strategy is set and reviewed by the Board of the Foundation. It responds, with a contextual approach, to the Foundation’s mission, and connects with other wider strategies as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), especially Goals 4, 5, 10, 11, 16 and 17.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to join our team and lead the Communications and Media Department of the Foundation.
The Communications Manager will support Adyan’s senior management in setting the Foundation’s communications strategy and plan, and will define, implement, coordinate and supervise all Communications and Media operations and projects. The Communications Manager is one of the key positions that aims at building Adyan’s visibility and leverage locally, regionally and globally.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing Adyan’s communications strategy and contributing to the development of Adyan’s brand identity and projects’ communications plans;
- Overseeing Adyan’s media and digital media strategies and campaigns;
- Overseeing the editorial policy of the Adyan and Taadudiya websites and managing the editorial committees;
- Managing the overall Adyan communications budget including the department and different project budgets;
- Coordinating communications and media projects, including liaising with partners and external organizations, and managing project deliverables, budget and reporting;
- Mapping key media outlets and journalists, developing strong and ongoing relations with the press, and actively pursuing opportunities for visibility;
- Monitoring, evaluating and scaling up the media coverage of Adyan’s work and relevant issues;
- Organizing media events (press conferences, press briefings);
- Leading the production of written and audio-visual communication materials (including press releases, annual reports, publications, magazines, Adyan introductory videos);
- Leading and contributing to fundraising, advocacy and networking projects;
- Conducting evaluations of communications activities;
- Managing the communications team members, providing guidance, setting objectives and evaluating performance on regular basis;
- Building capacity of staff in communications;
- Identifying, contracting and handling relations with communication and marketing agencies and service providers;
- Developing, managing and optimizing Adyan's contacts databases
- Demonstrates commitment to the three core values of Adyan Foundation, which are diversity, solidarity and human dignity;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- A team player, who strives to support and be helpful to others, and to support the achievement of organizational goals;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective and respectful working relationships with all team members and external parties;
- Demonstrates interest in NGO work in the areas of cultural diversity management and peacebuilding.
Required skills and experience:
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing, or a related field. Master’s degree in a related field is a strong asset.
- At least five years of experience in communications management;
- At least five years of project coordination experience (preferably with NGOs);
- Proven experience in developing communications strategies. Experience in digital marketing strategies is an asset;
- Proven experience in working and building relations with local, regional and international media and press.
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in communication;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications strategies and techniques;
- Knowledge of digital media strategies;
- Ability to organize and accurately complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Email.
- Professional level written and spoken Arabic and English language. Proficiency in French is a strong asset.