Email your brief cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 5 February 2021. Please also indicate ‘Communication coordinator Beirut’ as your email subject.
The Overall Responsibility as a Communication coordinator is:
The Communication Coordinator is responsible to:
- Further develop, implement and monitor EFI communication and visibility strategy, coordinate with partners and liaise with counterparts
- Contribute to promoting EFI’s goals and vision
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the development of media and advocacy campaigns (in terms of communication plan & strategy, methodology and budget)
- Enhance established communication pathways, ensuring that the selected target groups can access, receive, send, and exchange useful, comprehensible, safe, and relevant information.
- Enhance visibility of programs outcomes, research, findings, and policy materials
- Make sure produced material adhere to communications and visibility guidelines
- Develop online media strategies for website and social media channels that help the organization achieve visibility and communications objectives and in line with the EFI’s media and communication plan and EU communication and visibility guidelines Quickly understand and analyse complex challenges within the region and come up with sound communication and dissemination response, keeping in mind the sensitivity of the Syrian context
- Edit and proof read EFI communications materials
- Write news briefs and articles, press releases, statements of events per information provided, and compose quarterly newsletters, including information from Syrian partners´ projects
- Manage creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications including brochures and booklets for the EFI and partners´ projects and programs
- Establish and maintain relationships with media, prepare media press and ensure large media coverage of all events organized by EFI
- Monitor media and any development or backlash on women’s rights and gender equality and suggest position papers
- Support organization of events and meetings aimed at raising EFI’s profile, engaging new audiences in its work and strengthening its support base; ensure there is a coverage of all activities
- Develop documentation and presentation of EFI’s work in collaboration with graphic designs, photographers, filmmakers, media campaigns
- Follow up and monitor communication and visibility programs budget; works closely with Finance Team and Logistics Team in respect of EFI main framework such as procurement, ethical guidelines and anti-corruption.
This position reports directly to Executive Director and supervise Media officer in Beirut and Communication officer in Amman.
Close collaboration with Syrian program manager, Projects officers and coordinators.
Job requirement :
- University degree with preference in communication and social sciences
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is a plus
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office application especially Publisher, Power Point. Desirable knowledge in graphic design, editing, photoshop
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience is required. This may include previous work experience in communication, journalism or public relations, at civil society organizations, NGOs, governmental or intergovernmental institutions
- Demonstrable experience communicating to audiences through traditional and social media.
- Awareness of relevant traditional and digital media networks and platforms within the region
- Ability to carry out successful media outreach campaigns.
- Ability to draft and edit written material accurately, concisely and appropriately for a particular audience.
- Proven experience producing quality creative materials for print, broadcast or digital.
- Excellent understanding of the political and social context within the region and ability to engage with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of women’s rights, international law, including human rights, humanitarian law, criminal law and regional and international human rights mechanisms is an asset.
- Willingness to use initiative, work independently and think creatively.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively
- This role is open for qualified Lebanese candidates.
- Duty station is in Beirut.
- A fixed-term position with contract length of 12 (twelve) months extendable.
- Travel requirement within the region particularly to EFI Amman regional office as well as to Paris HQ.