SMEX Seeks Building Networks Consultant
The applicant should submit their CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject title: SMEX Building Networks Consultant. (Emails with NO subjects will be declined)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Lead and facilitate discussions with SMEX team and our partners to develop a framework for the structure of the network
- Research the different existing structures globally or regionally, and identify lessons learned
- Lead the implementation of the network building process
- Supervise and assist the program coordinator who will be working closely with the consultant
- Identify all the documents and procedures needed to build a network (secretariat, goal, mission, objectives, methods of joining, code of conduct, etc..)
- Create documentation to support the network (CoC, MoM, etc.)
- Create a one year plan for the network and the required tasks from the team
- MA in a field related to internet policy or digital rights, such as communications, media studies, sociology, human rights or IT law, cybersecurity, etc.
- Familiarity with SMEX’s core issues; candidate must share common human rights values around digital privacy, users’ rights, electronic surveillance, data protection, freedom of expression, accessibility, open culture
- Excellent understanding of network-building processes
- Advanced writing and communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; respect for deadlines and iterative processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work under pressure when necessary
- A strong command of Arabic and English is preferred (both written and spoken), and in-depth knowledge of the MENA region
Qualified by years of experience and years working in the field