Shelter Project Officer (2 Vacancies)
Kindly send your Resume and Cover letter to [email protected] - Kindly mention the position you are applying for and Location in the Subject
The shelter project officer role is to build and maintain a collaborative relationship with partners while ensuring the implementation of works is timely and relevant and that all challenges are reported and addressed to feed into future designs. The shelter project officer will have oversight with a large degree of involvement in assessments, selection, implementation, monitoring and gap assessments to highlight exclusion risks of marginalized groups and exclusion of geographical areas among others
2. Reporting Lines
Reporting to Shelter Project Manager
3. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibility #1: Activities and Team Management
- Contribute to the overall project implementation as per minimum standards, donor agreement and CARE guidelines.
- Provide clear guidance to relevant stakeholders on standards for shelter, including minimum emergency standards to meet basic and essential needs
- Support the Project Manager in the development of the project strategy/methodology.
- Conduct regular field visits with partners to monitor the implementation of activities
- Ensure that quality standards of work and materials are respected as per the agreed standards and specifications
- As appropriate, participate in community consultations with partners in order to better identify the communities’ needs.
- Work closely with the partners to ensure that the facilities built or rehabilitated are correctly operated and maintained after completion of works
- Lead the negotiation of rental-agreements with landlords with the partners
- Ensure that specifications, bills of quantities and drawings are produced in a technically sound and standardized manner.
- Advice and counsel eligible solution for rehab work, oversees variation and processing, recommends approval or disapproval to the change orders on the original scope of work
- Make sure all the documents related to the projects are complete are accurate
- Supporting other construction-related activities being implemented by other programs
- In coordination with the Shelter Coordinator, PM and MEAL team, ensure appropriate evaluation, implementation and monitoring tools are in place
- Provide weekly reports to the project manager on the implantation of activities and report any challenge
Responsibility #2: Partnership Management
- Promote the efficiency of technical interventions through local capacity building and collaboration with partners and contractors in the field
- Schedule and organize meetings with implementing partners and contractors to discuss progress and challenges
- In collaboration with shelter Coordinator and PM identify capacity building requirements for the shelter team members. Deliver technical trainings and one-on-one mentoring
- Supervise and coach all direct reports by technical field staff
- Ensure the shelter team members use relevant weekly work plans and reports
- Ensure that program interventions continue to be informed by and integrated with other core sectors such as protection and food security & livelihoods
- Liaise with other project departments and give support when needed.
Responsibility #3 : Logistics & Administration
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials, tools and assets during the activities
- Ensure compliance with CARE administrative and logistical procedures
- Ensure that movement plans are set in coordination with the security and safety/fleet departments
- Follow-up Assistants/interns attendance
- Ensure that all office supplies are provided and follow-up with logistics/procurement departments
- Assist in the budget follow-up by managing activities in a timely manner
Responsibility #4: Reporting
- Collect all information and written/verbal reports on the progress of the activities on a daily and weekly basis as per established reporting formats; and keep accurate records and documentation.
- Prepare clear and concise reports highlighting trends, challenges and suggestions
- Collect data on the as built materials and make sure all quantitative reports are accurate and up to date.
- Prepare all site inspection reports as per the “as built” materials.
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Project Manager
- Follow up Assistants/Interns daily reports
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED BY LINE MANAGER
4. Qualifications / special skills or knowledge
a. Skills & knowledge:
- Experience in working with communities from different backgrounds
- Experience in team management and good leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to prioritize tasks and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to manage conflicts, work well and coordinate at a field level with partners/contractors and ensure a timely delivery of the proposed works
- Ability to build strong and credible relationships with partner, beneficiaries, CARE staff, beneficiaries, International/Local NGOs, local authorities and communities
- Experience in construction procedures, from technical assessments to BoQ development, project design to execution, monitoring of works, evaluation and handover
- Experience in NGOs is a plus
- Knowledge of construction, housing, water, sanitation minimum standards and common practices in Lebanon
- Knowledge of CARE’s policies and commitment to gender equity and diversity
- Knowledge of Child Safeguarding policy and PSEA (protection from sexual exploitation and abuse)
- Knowledge and context sensitivity
At least 1-3 years of relevant experience, NGOs, academic organizations, standard-setting bodies, public agencies focused on Shelter Rehabilitation during emergencies
c. Academic background:
Bachelor’s degree in one or several of the following areas: Architecture, Civil engineering or other related fields, social sciences is a plus
- Languages: English and/ or Arabic are the working language of CARE International.
- of other languages is an asset.
5. Other contract elements
CARE offers employment contract as per CIL salary scale
6. PSEA and Child Safeguarding Policies
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees and stakeholders abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Safeguarding Policies.