All interested candidates shall apply throughout the below link:
Only applications received through this link are considered for an interview.
Handle Planning & coordination of field activities
Responsible for all aspects of the project’s daily management, including logistics, administration, security, community and beneficiaries liaison.
Responsible for the project’s budget follow up with supervision of the Area Manager (the Area Manager will be the budget holder).
Responsible for the project’s reporting with the support of the Area Manager)
Develop and roll-out project management tools for the follow up on the child protection program (including but not limited to child protection committees, life skills, awareness raising etc.)
Monitor the implementation and progress of the project(s) according to approved stated objectives, plan of action, budget and record progress by working closely with the Monitoring, Evidence, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) unit and the Area Manager.
Interact regularly with Area Manger and sector specialists, mainly Child Protection & Advocacy Technical Lead
Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of a plan for building understanding on Sponsorship in communities during each step of the program process in close co-operation with Sponsorship Officer (SO).
Ensure close coordination with the SO in order to meet Sponsorship process through programming.
Assist in designing and launching advocacy projects, initiatives and campaigns at the community level.
Assist in identifying and responding to existing and potential child protection threats at the community level in close coordination with WVL Child Protection Specialist.
Build relationships & capacities of the hosting and beneficiary community
Build and maintain strong relationships with local stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
Gather information about community dynamics, aspirations, expectations, etc.
Support the Area Manager in engaging and pre-position WV with NGOs and local partners to develop consortia whenever possible
Facilitate project visits by donors and other visitors
Identify, facilitate, coordinate partners' capacity and when necessary deliver targeted training to meet project objectives
Ensure Staff Management
Support and build the capacity of the Development Facilitator(s) (DF) and the Sponsorship officer - to be recruited in the last quarter of the year - in understanding the sensitivity of child development and child vulnerability factors among community members and partners
Supervise direct reports and assist them in understanding their role and in identifying appropriate solutions to problems, concerns, and issues that are faced in their area.
Effectively manage the performance of direct reports ensuring performance agreements, regular performance reviews, and annual appraisal are done. Ensure optimization of subordinates’ potentials through coaching, on-the-job training, and capacity building.
Ensure that staff understand and follow the WV child protection policy and report any child protection incidents that occurs within the program area.
Ensure WV core values and principles are upheld at the project site by all staff.
Perform other duties as required
Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally
Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events
Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager
Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree or higher education relevant to Social Studies, Education, Protection, Development Studies human rights, law or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of proven experience in implementation of Education/Child Protection/Protection programming; human rights and/or advocacy work;
- Strong understanding of community-led development standards and work
- Development facilitation skills , including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
- Proven experience in community mobilization;
- Strong understanding of protection standards and main project models through understanding of best practices and strategies in protection and Education programming (protection monitoring, GBV, Child protection, ECCD);
- Significant knowledge of International Humanitarian principals, Human Rights and Refugee Law;
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills including project Management cycle and tools
- Experience in implementing projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations;
- Above average computer literacy in Microsoft Office package (incl. Excel), and holder of a valid driver’s license.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to network and negotiate with partners and government bodies.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic
- Project Management for Development (PMD), Project Management for Professional (PMPs);
- International Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)