Project Officer – Lebanon (100 %)
Reporting to the Head of the Beirut Office, the Project Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of projects and activities in Lebanon, including but not limited to:
- Support the development and management of DCAF’s programmes related to security and justice sector reform in Lebanon, including support for conceptualizing, designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes and projects;
- Ensure programme & budget monitoring and project reporting;
- Contribute to the development of country strategy documents, planning sheets, concept notes, proposals, etc.;
- Liaise with and provide ongoing support to other colleagues in the Beirut Office;
- Help identify new project opportunities;
- Co-design, co-organize and implement activities with partners;
- Support the organization and conduct of programme events.
- An advanced university degree in law, political sciences, international relations, development, security studies or related field;
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in public sector reform or management, preferably within the fields of security and/or justice reform;
- Proven track record in managing projects, preferably in Lebanon;
- Excellent command of Arabic and English;
- Very good writing skills, both in Arabic and in English;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in an international team;
- Cultural sensitivity, ideally familiarity with the Lebanese security and justice sector.
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to Ms. Zeina Assaad ([email protected]) by 24 September 2020 with the subject heading “Project Officer Lebanon”, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.