Responsible for leading the instructional process by delivering individual and group tutoring, collaborating with other mentors and administrators in addressing instructional and/or individual issues and responding to queries from caregivers and school teachers with the objective of enhancing student learning outcomes within the established curriculum guidelines and lesson plans.
Areas of Responsibility:
Teaching and Curriculum Implementation
• Effectively assess, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of students of different ages and abilities using varied and advanced teaching techniques.
• Research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge and devise new curriculum materials.
• Liaise with the academic management team and other Teachers on preparation and development of curriculum, teaching methods and assessments.
• Ensure management of teaching workload in line with a direction received from center management.
• Ensure the integration of Activinspire in lessons and activities are applicable.
• Demonstrate an awareness of, and make provision for students who have special education needs.
Assessments and Reports
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
• Grade students’ work and set targets for progress.
• Give appropriate feedback and maintain records of students' progress and development.
• Assess and record students’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed.
• Analyze student assessment data to plan future learning goals.
• Regularly and effectively communicate with parents and school and provide feedback on their child’s progress in PTR. Personal Development / Trainings / Reviews
• Meetings and Administrative responsibilities
• Participate in programs for professional development.
• Participate in and organize extracurricular activities.
• Participate in center meetings, parent-teacher meetings, and center events.
Discipline & Classroom Management
• Ensure discipline and adherence to center decorum.
• Plan and maintain a safe, clean, learning environment and ensure the well-being and safety of the students.
• Promote standards of conduct, discipline and proper regard for authority among students/ learners.
• Manage student's behavior in the session and on-center premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in case of misbehavior.
• Ensure the safety of students both when they are authorized to be on the center premises and when they are engaged in authorized center activities elsewhere.
• Support the center management team in maintaining and promoting the ethos of the hub by and cordial relations with parents.