Community Facilitator and Outreach Worker
For applying, kindly send your Cv to [email protected] , please mention in the Subject : Community Facilitator and Outreach Worker
Hand to Equip, Learn and Protect
A humanitarian organization seeks to promote the local community for the better by targeting all segments of society, developing their capacities and creating a supportive awareness environment for the rights and protection of the child.
The Association shall operate independently of any party or political orientation that affects all individuals regardless of their religion, color, sex or nationality.
The Association was established in 2016 and received a statement of science and news No. 2033 in 2017.
Location: Halba - Akkar
YouLEAD provides access to remedial ( homework support & language support) to syrian refugees at risk of dropping out to encourage them to stay in school.
Purpose/Objectives of the position:
The Community Facilitator and Outreach Worker will be responsible for community engagement and empowerment through mobilization, awareness, monitoring and outreach activities in the area of interventions.
- Liaise and maintain daily relationships between community, and community focal points, local partners and focal points from schools.
- Work with the community to assess their strengths and needs at household and group level through daily community and home visits;
- Assist the community in obtaining information, knowledge and access to available project activities through outreach activities;
- conduct awareness sessions for children and caregivers
- Cultivates trust and encourages full participation of community in activities.
- Prepares updates and reports on outreach and activities implemented
- Manage and maintain the assigned equipment and materials allocated for outreach and other activities;
- Ensures, promotes and facilitates that the principles of child protection and child participation are integrated into all project activities.
Handling Administration activities
- In collaboration with the team, collects and documents the needed information for the database for research, monitoring and evaluation purposes;
- Prepares monthly reports as required by the supervisor;
- Identifies, informs and discusses any issues with his/her supervisor on a timely basis;
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in social sciences or related field
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Preferably previous experience working with children/refugees/vulnerable populations
- Familiar with the area geography and communities we are working with.
Skills and Competencies
- Good facilitation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Fluency in Arabic
- Basic English fluency is an asset
- Cultural sensitivity