- Responsible for all accounting entries pertaining to transactions, receivables, collections, general ledger and ensuring that they are identified, classified and posted as per accounting policies and procedures.
- Reviews and verifies transactions from different departments on periodic basis.
- Responsible for recording all daily and monthly local and foreign transactions, receipts, ensuring daily bank closing and reconciliation.
- Documents and updates administrative expenses incurred by the departments as well as accruals and capital expenditures made as per the prescribed accounting procedures.
- Registers invoices and settles vendor payments, and handles first level queries from vendors on payables and resolves issues, if any.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are updated at all times.
- Handles reconciliation of prepayment control account with sub ledgers.
- Handles processing of cheque, petty cash & other regular payments.
- Prepares a monthly work sheet for prepaid expenses, maintains release of old expenses and addition of new prepayments.
- Performs inventories/fixed assets on regular basis.
- Prepares the amortization schedule for various assets in order to depreciate them.
- Handles NSSF and VAT reports.
- Assists in year-end book closing by ensuring that all the required information is recorded and available.
- Ensures compliance with External Audit requirements.
- Implements changes to accounting and reporting processes as recommended by the Internal Audit, External Audit, and management.
- Interviews, trains, and monitors Accounting trainees/recruits.
- BBA in Accounting/Finance or Business related field
- Masters degree or other certificates like CPA or CMA are a plus
- 3-7 years of experience in Accounting (NGO experience is preferable)
Other Requirements and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills with Very Good command of English
- Detail oriented and strong Analytical skills
- Strong Organization and Multi-tasking skills
- Strong Time Management skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong Leadership and Teamwork skills
- Full understanding of Accounting laws and regulations
- Good knowledge of Accounting software
- Excellent MS Office skills – particularly MS Excel
آخر تاريخ التحديث:
28 فبراير, 2019
الأطفال والشباب, تنمية, التعليم, أسرة, العمل وسبل العيش
آخر مهلة للتقديم:
الاثنين, 1 أبريل 2019
Based on qualifications
بين 800 و 1200(دولار أمريكي)
تفاصيل درجة التعليم:
BBA in Accounting/Finance or Business related field Masters degree or other certificates like CPA or CMA are a plus
بين 3 سنوات و5 سنوات