إضافة تعليق جديد
Procurement, Logistics and Security Officer
Kindly send your CVs to [email protected] with the title of the position in the subject
The Procurement, Logistics and Security Officer will be responsible for planning and monitoring all the activities around these three areas of Borderless NGO. The post holder will meet the procurement, administrative & logistics requirements of Borderless community centers and ongoing projects. In addition, the post holder will ensure that due attention is paid to matters of security relating to staff, visitors, partners, and service providers to whom Borderless NGO has a duty of care.
- Oversee and coordinate procurement functions across Borderless, ensuring Procurement Polices and Guidelines are adhered to.
- Continuously recommend to the NGO Director suitable methods of maximizing value for money within the supply chain.
- Maintain a procurement schedule/tracking tool aligned to the work plans of the various projects and the needs of the office.
- Facilitate and coordinate all procurement and supply process including preparing documents for tender committees, receiving bids and quotes, preparing purchase requisitions, pre-qualification processes, service level agreements, legally binding contracts between Borderless and various contractors. This will include:
- Source quotations/bids from suppliers and negotiate for best prices and value for money.
- Prepare comparative bid analysis with recommendations & justification and facilitate approval.
- Raise LPOs for approval and issue the same to vendors /suppliers and follow-up for timely delivery.
- Receive and verify requisition of goods and services and ensure that goods and services supplied to Practical Action meet stipulated specifications as to quantity and quality.
- Ensure that all procurement documentation is properly processed and filed according to procurement guidelines and donor regulations.
- Ensure that due diligence is carried out on all suppliers prior to contracts being issued
- Ensure timely processing of utility bills, goods and services payments within Borderless offices.
- Maintain a current list of preferred suppliers as defined in the Procurement Policy.
- Provide support to travel coordination and any logistical requirements for staff.
- Maintain annual renewal of vehicle tax and insurance.
- Arrange annual inspection of all office vehicles in preparation for insurance renewal.
- Collate and verify annual mileage returns for Borderless vehicles
- Report accidents to both Borderless and the Insurance Company and take timely action in reporting on repairs and claims and follow-up. (See also Security)
- Record and update the list/inventory of office equipment and other assets
- Maintain an up-to-date asset register in liaison with the finance department that includes as a minimum: details of assets, costs of assets, date of purchase, source of funding.
- Ensure all Borderless assets are tagged and updated in the assets register.
- Control the stock of materials and office supplies
- Ensure the maintenance of the offices in order to ensure a sound working environment
- Record the reception and mailing of documents, letters, postal parcel
- Recommend disposal of used/obsolete assets to NGO Director to facilitate disposal process in accordance with Borderless’ Policy and any relevant donor regulations.
- Provide regular security observation with relevant sources of information
- Ensure that all staff, visitors, consultants and suppliers are properly briefed on security concerns in the country or areas of work.
- Maintain an overall security plan for the country, a briefing pack for visitors and a communications system to alert staff to incidents that may affect them.
- Be the first contact person for security matters pertaining to Borderless staff.
- Ensure that Borderless community centers are adequately screened for security issues.
- Take leadership in security briefings and report outcomes of briefings and any security related information to the Director.
- Take accountability for the general safety and security of Borderless office premises.
- Procurement training and certification; Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field.
- A background in security management
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, organized and results driven. Good planning and coordination skills
- Strong data analytics and quantitative reasoning skills. Strong Computer skills in Microsoft Office Packages including advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- A problem-solving approach to work
- High level of attention to detail. Comfortable quality checking documentation without support.
- Excellent report writing, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- A team player, flexible and with an ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and to make quick rational decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic