إضافة تعليق جديد
Country Director, Lebanon
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply with your resume and cover letter in English via the application link.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening or equivalent criminal check as a condition of employment.
We value and promote a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Should you require any accessibility related accommodations or specific adjustments to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process, and thereafter, please reach out to the People & Culture team by email at [email protected]. All information provided will be treated as confidential and used only to provide an accessible candidate experience.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.
The Country Director, Lebanon reports directly to the Global Director, Country Offices and leads the Lebanon team to deliver on our strategic plan through high quality, impactful programming. You will manage, mentor, coach and guide the Senior Management Team, building a team culture in line with our culture code. Fundraising, representation and relationship development are core responsibilities to grow our impact, income and profile. You will ensure our financial, operational and people management systems and process function effectively with adequate controls in place and that risks are identified and mitigated.
This is a senior leadership role within Right To Play (RTP), member of the Global Leadership Team (comprised of Country Directors, National Directors and HQ Directors and Executive Team Members) and contributes to global system improvement initiatives.
The position is based in Metn, Lebanon with field visits, however, some international travel may be required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
#1: Fundraising, Representation and Relationships (30% of Time):
- Secure and steward in-country funding opportunities, building relationships with donors in country to increase funding and strengthen RTPs profile and visibility.
- Serve as the main in-country contact for all external stakeholders; develop and maintain links with relevant senior government officials and with country representatives in donors, UN bodies, academia and other international NGOs
- Promote RTP’s organizational identity to all stakeholders and partners while ensuring RTP remains relevant to the changing needs of the most vulnerable people in the country
- Lead the preparation and hosting of strategic donor and RTP HQ visits and workshops
- Represent RTP in strategic meetings, conferences, forums and other public events and contribute towards consolidating and raising the profile of RTP
- Represent the organization in national and international media, where required
#2: People Management, Mentorship and Coaching (25% of Time):
- Lead, coach and develop the Senior Management Team, ensuring they have the required expertise in their functional areas (programs, policy/advocacy, finance, people) while supporting them to build capability to lead the country office, cross-functionally
- Oversee overall country People & Culture management processes, ensuring compliance and best practices
- Oversee and monitor efficiency, fairness, timeliness of recruitment processes based on RTP guidelines focusing on retention of talent and timely resourcing to deliver results
- Oversee staff mentoring and training to strengthen capacities and job satisfaction
- Ensure implementation of the Performance Management System including work planning, reviews, appraisals, staff learning and development
- Respond to legal claims or investigations, seeking legal advice as appropriate
#3: Country Office Strategy, Leadership and Impact (20% of Time):
- Develop the strategic vision and direction of the country program in line with the strategic direction of RTP and the socio-economic and political environment in Lebanon
- Strategically oversee the program portfolio ensuring it is in line with the Uganda Strategic Plan and delivers quality and impact for children
- Promote a ‘One Right To Play’ approach, demonstrating RTP’s values, culture code and mission at country level
- Provide overall leadership on identifying, mitigating and monitoring programmatic and operational risks.
- Ensure high quality program design that is contextually appropriate, strategically aligned, scalable and impactful
- Participate in and informs global initiatives to improve organisational systems and processes
- Oversee the timely submission of quality reporting to HQ, donors and government
#4: Finance, Compliance and Controls (15% of Time):
- Provide oversight to all finance and administrative services in the Country Office
- Oversee the country annual budget and is accountable for adherence to agreed expenditure levels – both restricted and unrestricted
- Ensure adequate mechanisms are in place for monthly & quarterly budget reviews and minimize significant expenditure variances and financial risks, including analysis and tracking of grant commitments and obligations
- Ensure all finance and program staff understand financial and internal control systems and budgets and comply with RTP Finance and grant management policies and procedures
- Oversee annual and project-specific audit processes within the Country Office
#5: Security, Safety, Risk Management and Safeguarding (10% of Time)
- Provide overall leadership on safeguarding, ensuring that all RTP team members and partners adhere to RTP’s safeguarding policies as a minimum standard
- Carry out risk, vulnerability and threat assessments as well as physical security assessments of all sites making prioritized recommendations for improvement through the Standard Operational Procedures and contingency plans
- Liaise with local and regional officials, UN, NGO and other agencies regarding security issues in the planning, coordination, promotion of, and support for existing RTP projects
- Ensure safeguarding is integrated into all program and organizational risk assessments and budget and quality mitigation strategies are put in place
- Monitor and mitigate all other organisation risks, including those related to legal presence and governance
WHAT YOU’LL BRING (ESSENTIAL):
- Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development studies or other related discipline
- 10 years’ experience in a leadership role within a large or international organization working on strategic planning, leadership and people management, program quality, project management and planning, monitoring and evaluation, human resources and financial management
- Strategic planning skills
- Leadership, influencing and managerial skills
- Strong coaching and mentorship skills
- Ability to gain trust and secure donor funding
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to creating inclusive teams and work environments
- Demonstrated commitment to RTP’s mission, vision and code of conduct
- Proven knowledge and commitment to effective program design and delivery to achieve impact
- Proven knowledge of budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data or keen willingness to learn
- Proven experience in program design and/or strategy development to achieve impact
- Demonstrated computer skills especially in MS Office packages
- Understanding of country laws and regulations
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English
BONUS IF YOU’LL BRING (NOT ESSENTIAL):
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development studies or other related discipline
- Proven success with mobilizing new sources of program funding is highly desirable
- Education, Child Protection, Girls’ Empowerment and Play-based Learning and/or Sport for Development
- Significant experience with a child-focused organization
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, highly collaborative and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent networking skills. You have a good understanding of the cultural dynamics in Lebanon and can build the team’s confidence to excel in their various roles. You are thrilled at the opportunity to make an impact in Lebanon, and you love building partnerships and alliances.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to collaborate with an innovative global team who are passionate about working with children and youth. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). You will be immersed in an environment where learning and development is encouraged and valued, and “play” is appreciated as a core avenue to building community.
- Competitive salary and benefits (e.g. medical insurance)
- Flexible work arrangements
- 20 days annual leave
- Up to 3 personal days per year
- Up to 5 personal learning and development (L&D) days per year
- Maternity/paternity/parental leave top up and support
- Annual learning week
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Opportunity to connect with employees across our offices (Global Buddy Chat, Facebook Workplace)
- Opportunity to engage in global projects and initiatives
- Wellness programs
- Playful activities and events