إضافة تعليق جديد
Applications should be submitted in English and have an attached CV, cover letter, contact details of 2 references.
In the cover letter (of no more than one page in length) the candidate should briefly explain how their profile corresponds to the job requirements.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send applications to [email protected] by 30 September 2022, including "Communication Officer" in the subject line.
Note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
About the Centre for Social Sciences Research & Actions (CeSSRA)
The Centre for Social Sciences Research and Action is a multidisciplinary space creating synergies and bridging between the scientific, practitioner, and policy spheres.
The Centre for Social Sciences Research and Action aims to foster social change through innovative uses of social science, digital technologies, and publication and exchange of knowledge.
Manage the centre’s internal and external communication, and outreach (online, as well as traditional media), and ensure proper follow up on the centre’s websites content, in line with the centre’s identity.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the centre’s communication strategy and schedule using the relevant follow up and planning tools;
- Manage content, update, and maintain the centre’s websites, in line with the communication strategy;
- Schedule, manage, and implement communication of the centre via its social media channels, platforms, and newsletters;
- Assist in / or review reviewing publications, and/ or copy-editing, and in creating visual content for dissemination, in line with the communication strategy and visibility guidelines of the centre;
- Manage and follow up with ICT team, web developers, and other experts responsible for developing and maintaining the online platforms, and resolving technical issues flagged by the team, partners, or users;
- Liaise with media outlets and follow up with media contacts to publicise the centre’s projects, activities, and publications;
- Plan and develop email bulletins as well as other dissemination materials;
- Organise and maintain mailing list subscribers, and evaluate reach and impact of newsletters;
- Track and evaluate the visibility and outreach of the centre’s projects, and publications, including but not limited to media, citations, social media engagement, or through the website’s analytics;
- Assist the team in preparing events and in preparing presentations about the centre and its programmes, and attend and cover all events;
- Compile and document photographs and videos of centre’s events, as well as media coverage of centre’s publications and activities;
- Coordinate the day to day communication operations including contracting, and liaising, and coordinating with external parties and stakeholders, including follow up on payments, invoices and receipts;
- Contributing to the development and review of communication related internal materials and tools;
- Following up and staying on top of communications and digital sector standards and trends;
- Perform other tasks that may arise as requested, including relevant administrative tasks.
A minimum of a BA degree, higher qualifications preferred, in communications and media studies, marketing, journalism, public relations or a related field.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in the relevant field.
Knowledge of digital media and tools.
Excellent command of both English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is highly desirable.
Excellent management and organisational skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, and a very strong capacity for effective teamwork.