إضافة تعليق جديد
Social Media & Advocacy Specialist
Applications must be submitted through the below link. Any applications received not thorug the link will not be considered.
We are seeking a Social Media & Advocacy Specialist to manage the social media and media platforms of the Syria program and executing marketing and advocacy strategy to the content. The SMAS will develop and maintain but not limited to blogs, video feeds, trending and social networking sites of the program platforms. In addition to providing monthly comprehensive analytics reports on the ongoing platforms such as the Liberated-T and Syria stories website. In addition, the SMAS will provide guidance to partners on how to improve their communication platforms in relation to media content.
Candidates from the Syrian nationality are preferred, and required to submit legal documentation for eligibility to live and/or work in the current country of residence.
- Lead on producing and commissioning content for the “Liberated T” campaign and any other future IWPR Syria campaigns.
- Lead on producing and commissioning content for the Syria Stories website.
- Coordinate with the program editor to ensure stories, articles, videos are finalized and posted on the Syria Stories website.
- Lead on producing any related tools, training, manuals related to journalist’s capacity building activities and media training.
- Establish partnerships with Syrian and international media outlets to disseminate program-supported content and supporting program advocacy.
- Be part of all implementation meeting with the program team to coordinate activities, in addition to collaborating with the M&E focal point to draft necessary report, data collection and verification of the activities lead by the SMAS.
- Liaise with potential beneficiaries to encourage them to write/produce articles/videos/blogs/animations/infographics on Syria Stories, Liberated-T platforms and ensure they are posted on the platforms. Topics should be in line with the current program themes.
- Coordinating with the video editor, graphic designers and other support to produce content for the media platforms including but not limited to the Liberated-T and Syria Stories website.
- Lead all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other used platforms in the program.
- Develop a social media strategy and set goals to increase awareness and engagement of target audiences for different advocacy, training, and other activities part of the program.
- Help produce media content for remote training platform to journalists, activists, staff and other related beneficiaries to the programs.
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Mentor and train other staff and partners on the use of social media and media platforms to improve outreach and awareness in relation to the program themes.
- Ensure coordination with HQ media office, to share with them success stories in coordination with the DM&E and Reporting Officer.
- Oversee conflict-sensitive journalism trainings and coordinate with training providers.
- Commission content for Syria Stories and coordinate with the social media trusted networks and local journalists’ platforms to expand the outreach and access.
- Create and maintain a database of Syrian journalists, activists, and CSOs that would be suitable for participating or partnering in IWPR activities -- particularly in areas of Syria that IWPR may newly expand into
- Recommend participant/beneficiary lists for IWPR activities, relying on aforementioned network in coordination with the team.
- Potentially participate in short TV shows and discuss CSJ issues in Syria, while representing IWPR.
- Promote and represent IWPR at international events in coordination with the Country Director.
- Commission short films per the program requirements and in coordination with the program team.
- Coordinate with relevant department to ensure all related activities are done in compliance with IWPR and donor rules and regulations.24. Ensure
- Adhere to IWPR Code of conduct and Business ethics and Conflict of interest policies.
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues.
- Coordinate the day to day and monthly activities with the Country Director.
- Undertake other duties and assignments as may be assigned by the Country Director.
The successful candidate will possess:
A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication; or equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively perform in the position
Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience working within International organizations.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Arabic;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Understanding of the political, security and general context of Syria.
- Relevant experience in survey design, implementation and analysis.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
- Good communication and representation skills.
- A high level of energy, positive attitude and the ability to work in a team setting and stressful program environment are essential.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Office and in particular Google analytics.
- Ability to prioritize assignments; effectively handle multiple assignments and work independently;
- Demonstrate attention to details and the ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines.
- The Ability to travel in the region when required.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.