إضافة تعليق جديد
Senior Finance Coordinator
To apply, please send the following to [email protected]
- Up to date CV
- Cover letter
- 3 References
Include “Senior Finance Coordinator” as your subject title
Deadline for submission: 22.01.2021, Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until January 22, 2021
The Arab Foundation for Freedoms & Equality is looking for a senior Finance coordinator to oversee the finance team’s daily operation to ensure proper financial management and fiscal standing of the foundation. The right candidate will have a balance of financial management and accounting skills.
Role and responsibilities:
Business Processes and Reporting - 70% of Time:
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Provide useful financial insights through quarterly and monthly reports to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Direct the expenditures of different programs ensuring the completion of all accounting activities and reporting to meet AFE and donor’s requirements, ensuring that expenses are incurred within the approved budget
- Supervise all the budget revisions/amendments files according to each Donor’s rules and templates
- Develop budgets for the short-term and long-term based on historical data
- Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets, monitor all the funds of projects, prepare cash-flow reports and funds requests forms
- Responsible of the financial program reporting, including management of audits and other financial control mechanism implement by the donor
- Overall supervision of the implementation and sound financial, procurement and budgetary procedures in line with AFE standards and procedures
- Monitor the financial aspects of sub grant agreements of partner organizations
- Prepare donor financial reports
- Coordinate and communicate with external auditor for MOI & MOF yearly financial reports
- Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational performance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing
- Supervise and control monthly financial closure files, respecting the deadlines according to financial procedures (Bank Reconciliation, Cash Counts, and the movements)
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested
- Conduct trainings on best practices in Financial Management for AFE staff, partners, grant recipients and organization for which AFE is a fiscal sponsor.
Payroll & Administration - 30% of Time:
- Manage petty cash and working advances for AFE team
- Follow up and update all NSSF & Income Tax follow up files
- Administer payroll, using various tools to deliver flawless payments, then supervise all the salaries transfer lists and cheques
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules
- Supervise an efficient filing and archiving mechanism
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years of finance management and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis.
- Nonprofit experience, with experience with fund/grants accounting preferred, including working with multimillion dollars budgets
- Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and others.
- Sound understanding of procurement requirements and best practices
- Strong knowledge of donor financial requirements
- Solid communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong report writing and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Proficiency with an accounting software
Equal opportunity declaration: AFE is strongly committed to social justice principles and holds its partners, suppliers, consultants, and staff accountable to these principles. We do not tolerate any form of prejudice, discrimination, intimidation, exploitation, or harassment.