Technical Support Officer
TERMS OF REFERENCE IT Technical Support Staff
I. Introduction / Rationale
The Arab NGO Network for Development (ANND) is a regional network, working in 12 Arab countries with nine national networks (with an extended membership of 250 CSOs from different backgrounds) and 23 NGO members. ANND was established in 1997 and its headquarters is located in Beirut, Lebanon since 2000.
ANND aims at strengthening the role of civil society, enhancing the values of democracy, respect of human rights and sustainable development in the region. ANND advocates for more sound and effective socio-economic reforms in the region, which integrate the concepts of sustainable development, gender justice, and the rights-based approach.
Under ANND Activities and projects, several activities that are in need of IT support were identified:
1. ANND Websites (www.annd.org , www.csrdar.org and www.euromedplatform.net) i
2. ANND social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) including content creation, scheduling and follow-up.
3. ANND publications: editing, branding/layout and printing of any publication that the network produces.
4. Project databases, wherever located, while maintaining data quality standards in accordance with the project data management strategy;
5. Computer systems and networks.
Taking into account the work necessary to carry out these activities, an IT support staff will be hired to assist the ANND program department in the conduct of these activities.
II. Roles and Responsibilities
A. Second Party
1. Collaborating with program department staff to organize and publish content using basic web interfaces and enhance ANND Web presence;
3. Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
4. Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
5. Replacing parts as required;
7. Keeping abreast of developments in information technology and assist in advising the project team on latest information technology solutions;
8. Uploading content of ANND’s e-newsletter to insure proper and timely dissemination.
9. Uploading content in the ANND websites;
10. Providing technical assistance by responding to technical (e.g., IT equipment and network) queries/problems and consultations;
7. Providing assistance in the preparation of minor materials such as flyers, covers, certificates, etc.
9. Preparing technical reports as needed.
B. First Party
1. Provide directions and guidelines on the preparation of outputs and performance of services of the Contractor;
2. Designate a technical officer/ staff who shall supervise the Contractor in the delivery of the identified services/ outputs;
3. Pay the Contractor the professional fee as per the article V.
III. PERIOD OF ENGAGEMENT
January 01, 2017 – December 31, 2017
IV. Working hours
ANND working hours are from 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM.
V. COST OF ENGAGEMENT
The salaries for IT support work vary greatly depending on the level of the job, previous experience.
VI. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTRACTOR
A professional degree in information technology.
2. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills are highly valued
3. Proficiency in written and spoken English