Education Project Coordinator - Aarsal
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs & Cover Letter to [email protected], with the subject title.
Emails with NO subjects will be declined.
Applicants must submit their applications between 8:00 AM & 4:00 PM ONLY.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
General Coordination tasks 50%
- Assure and coordinate the implementation of the formal education project in a private school in Aarsal through regularly monitoring and updating project management tools (log frame, ITT, budget (including cash flows), and reports.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project’s daily management, including logistics, administration, security, visibility, community and beneficiary’s liaison including provision of solutions to the project team.
- Ensure Project meets technical requirements including appropriate tools and curriculum for the targeted demographic.
- Follow up with partner organizations when appropriate to monitor capacity and implementation quality.
- Ensure procurement requests are presented on a timely basis to facilitate timely implementation of field activities, and adhering to both URDA and PARCIC requirements in meeting the project objectives
- Regularly review and update the project’s work plan with education project manager.
- Prepare and review agreements (MoUs) with all school partners.
- Ensure that the needed material, rehabilitation, and logistics of the determined locations is taking place.
- Participate in periodic monitoring related to the impact of the project on the beneficiaries: students, parents, and stakeholders.
- Ensure smooth coordination and communication with the school, municipality, and key stakeholders in the region.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and capacity building for all project team.
- Develop teamwork among the project staff, ensuring a conducive working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, experiences, observations, and challenges to inform project management.
- Together with the Project Manager, plan and provide opportunities for capacity building to project team in consultation with Programs Management to ensure coordinated technical and personal development.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to position URDA within the Education Sector in Beqaa-Aarsal.
- Work with other managers and coordinators to ensure crosscutting and multi sector program capacity.
- Adhere to URDA Finance regulations to maintain accurate spending reports and up-to-date budgets.
- Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to engage them about the project interventions and agree on their contributions.
- Network with local NGOs, municipalities, schools, community centers, and communities in Aarsal.
- Meet once per week at URDA HQ in Mount Lebanon to ensure regular liaison with Program Manager and involved departments like procurement, finance, and media.
Specific Coordination tasks 50%
- The project coordinator must hold a teacher coordinator position to be able to follow up with the team of teachers involved in the project.
- Responsible of supervising planning of curriculum design, syllabus design, and distribution of subject materials in different grades.
- Responsible of monitoring informative and summative exams during each semester.
- Responsible of coordinating trainings for teachers’ capacitation every semester and whenever necessary.
- Responsible of monitoring teachers’ performance and commitment throughout the year.
- Responsible of meeting ILOs Intended Learning Outcomes with teachers and school administration in every grade.
- Referrals of children with discipline, behavioral, and cognitive disabilities.
- Responsible of conducting extra-curricular activities every semester to different grades.
- Transfer data from paper formats into database systems.
- Create and manage spreadsheets with large numbers of figures.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data.
- Produce reports.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sorts organize and store paperwork after entering data.
- Monitor and follow-up on the quality of services provided in different projects.
- Monitor attendance of children, parents, volunteers, and educators.
- Ensure all children and parents/caregivers are welcomed to the learning center adhering to COVID-19 precautions for safety
- Assist in organizing education activities for children, training for educators and awareness sessions for parents.
- Enter on daily and weekly basis data related to beneficiaries and activities in the education database
- Responsible of distribution of materials and archiving of distribution lists.
- Responsible of maintaining archiving system up to date (both in hardcopies and electronically).
- Perform any other Education tasks as assigned by line manager