World Learning – QITABI 2: Moodle Administrator
To apply: Please send your resume to [email protected] with the post title on the subject line along with a cover letter (in English) explaining why you are best qualified for this position. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
USAID’s “Quality Instruction towards Access and Basic Education Improvement” (QITABI 2) is a five-year program seeking to improve learning outcomes for all students in public primary schools in Lebanon. Its activity targets an estimated 200,000 girls and boys, including those who are registered in second shifts of public schools.
World Learning has an immediate vacancy for its Beirut-based “Moodle Administrator” for the USAID-funded Quality Instruction towards Access and Basic Education Improvement (QITABI II) in Lebanon. This position is for a Lebanese national.
This full-time position is based at the World Learning office in Beirut, Lebanon, and will report to the ICT in Education and Communications Lead.
Scope and Responsibilities
Technical Support on the Moodle
• Support CRDP in managing the Training Management System (TMS) portal and the server including technical and backup support.
• Support CRDP and QITABI 2 in updating and maintaining Moodle courses and plugins
• Provide support in troubleshooting of technical problems to CRDP PITB during delivery of online courses under TMS and Moodle
• Migration of the existing DL courses produced with the support of QITABI 2.
• Ensure that the hardware and software for the On-line Courses are in perfect of operation and maintenance.
• Develop a proper system for the archival, analysis and retrieval of data on participants (courses registered, training completed), trainers, and courses training schedules.
• Applicable for all users/courses data on Moodle
• Provide technical recommendation and support on setting up the user interface and user rights.
• Provide support to CRDP's Moodle administrator in setting user rights per dynamic needs of CRDP
• Support in the management of roles and permissions.
• Provide technical training to the team responsible for managing the application settings, users, and courses so they can be ready to run operational tasks. Support capacity building to CRDP staff as requested by QITABI 2’s management
• Provide timely technical Report documenting materials and technical assistance.
• Document and provide meeting minutes of meetings held with CRDP team
• Support adding Plug-ins to Moodle
• Provide timely technical support to related Moodle requests as issued by QITABI 2 management
• Testing and evaluating the functionality of various systems, including CRDP TMS, CRDP Moodle, CRDP DSpace, CRDP Mawaridy, QITABI 2 Moodle, and QITABI 2 Newsletter.
• Supporting trainers, facilitators, and users in utilizing the digital platforms (CRDP Moodle, Dspace, TMS, Mawaridy, QITABI 2 Moodle) effectively, resolving access issues, and displaying course progress
• Support the submission of the Newsletter to registered recipients. Update the Newsletter list of subscribers Excel-file.
• BS in Computer Science (CS), Computer Communication (CC), Information Management System (IMS), or related field preferred.
• MS in Educational Technology, CS, or CCE is a plus.
• Familiarity with SSL Certificate for site security
• Moodle experience is a must.
• Previous 4+ years of experience using course authoring tools, developing, and supporting Moodle plugins, integrations, and customizations.
• Proven track record of building and delivering complex and highly transactional systems.
• Proficiency with Moodle operation and maintenance.
• MySQL and writing complex SQL queries.
• Deep technical understanding of the Moodle LMS platform and languages.
• Linux system administration and tools experience (grep, cron, ssh, scp, vi). Comfortable working at the command line.
• Optimizing code and queries; methodical, organized, and structured approach to writing code and problem solving.
• Experience with supporting technologies, including but not limited to version control systems (Git / SVN), continuous integration, and configuration management.
• Familiar with website design, video technology and editing.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic.
• Responsive/accessible web design.
• Experience in the Education sector and eLearning is a plus
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work on own initiative.
• Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is highly desirable.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.