Videography and Video Editing Trainer
Applicants should submit a CV including a link to portfolio (FB page, Instagram Page, previously produced or published films or videos), demonstrating clearly the knowledge and experience required to meet the requirements via BOTH emails: [email protected] AND [email protected], with the subject "Videography Trainer - BIZKAIA".
CV's not sent to both emails or sent without a subject will not be considered
- Conditions of service and Management
- The duration of the contract is six months, with the expected start date of 01-03-2021.
- The contracts for the local contractors are made by WPA according to its rules and regulations. The contractor will report to the Project Coordinator Ms. Sherihan Edelbe based in WPA’s Head office in Beirut.
- Contractors should maintain a training report and comply with all other WPA regulations such as checklists and invoices. The WPA management retains the right to suspend payment on non-compliance of terms or in the event of poor-quality work. These decisions will not be taken arbitrarily but in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Required Skills
- At least 3 years of experience in videography (DSLRs, DV cams, sound recording, editing on Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Experience in delivering training and coaching
- Experience in working on campaigning and social media, preferably related to women’s rights
- Fluency in Arabic, English is a plus
- Knowledge of the Palestinian camps is a plus
- Flexibility to move between Beirut and North
The total contract value will be USD 5,200 which will be paid in installments upon receiving the deliverables and confirmation of acceptance of the quality of the deliverables by WPA.
At least 3 years of experience in videography (DSLRs, DV cams, sound recording, editing on Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Experience in delivering training and coaching
- Experience in working on campaigning and social media, preferably related to women’s rights and gender-based violence prevention
Upon signature of the contract
Upon completion of training and coaching of the first group and submission of training report
Upon training completion, submission of training report and delivery of final videos
- Background Information
Background on WPA:
WPA is a legally registered NGO at the Ministry of Interior under decree 344/AD and commercially registered at the Ministry of finance under 2850930.
We have been working in Beddawi camp since 1992 on the goals of women, youth, and disabled in terms of economic empowerment through organizing vocational training programs based on the needs of the local market and we are working to raise awareness of the target group through health programs, cultural, psycho-social support, and coordination with local and international organizations.
The roots of the women's programs centers were established in 1953, where the UNRWA agency established activity for women in the field of sewing
Between 1995 and 2000, the Agency amended its strategy of working with the centers to become independent community institutions based on voluntary work and managed by administrative committees elected by the local community every three years.
In 2008, women's program centers officially registered under decree number 344/AD and are currently operating in eight Palestinian camps
Over the past years, the centers have developed their programs of work, targeting males and females and targeting a range of groups through different projects including:
- The Micro-Credit program for social support.
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy for youth.
- Vocational Training Program.
- Career orientation for youth.
- Women Empowerment Sessions and activities.
- Support through sport for children.
- Production Units.
Background on UNRWA:
UNRWA is mandated to provide assistance and protection to some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank, and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief, and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance, and emergency assistance.
Background on the Project:
Over the course of 6 months, 2 groups of women from 2 different Palestine refugee camps in Lebanon (the beneficiaries) will learn the techniques of video-making including sound, lighting, composition, editing, and post-production.
In the weekly training sessions and coaching sessions, these Beneficiaries will also learn techniques for effective campaigning, script-writing, and storytelling.
The activity will apply an inter-generational approach whereby the Beneficiaries receive training on video-making while targeting women of different ages in their areas and camps by using techniques of storytelling and campaigning. The project will provide the participants with the skills to produce video reports on local issues and stories that are relevant in their respective communities. Women will produce awareness videos on GBV and women’s rights among others through promoting local initiatives and service providers inside and outside the camps and by sharing stories of women and men who act as role models for women empowerment and gender equality. The Beneficiaries will be supported in setting up a Facebook page or other social media channels and will be coached on maintenance. Having acquired the relevant skills, the Beneficiaries will then use this platform to continue upload to share their productions and other relevant content such as updates on UNRWA services or other relevant service providers.
- Tasks and deliverables
- Professionally training and coaching the target beneficiaries on video making techniques including videography sound, lighting, composition, video editing, and post-production.
- Training of at least 16 beneficiaries on effective campaigning and storytelling techniques, script and storyboard writing.
- Coaching during the production of 9 videos and final editing.
- Edit the final films as per visibility guidelines provided by WPA.
- Create a Facebook page in cooperation with the beneficiaries.
- Submission of monthly training reports
- تدريب المستفيدين المستهدفين بشكل احترافي على تقنيات صنع الفيديو بما في ذلك صوت الفيديو والإضاءة والتكوين وتحرير الفيديو وما بعد الإنتاج.
- تدريب ما لا يقل عن 16 مستفيدًا على الحملات الفعالة وأساليب سرد القصص وكتابة السيناريو والقصص المصورة.
- المتابعة أثناء إنتاج 9 مقاطع فيديو والتحرير النهائي.
- تحرير الأفلام النهائية وفقًا لإرشادات الرؤية المقدمة من WPA.
- إنشاء صفحة الفيسبوك بالتعاون مع المستفيدين.
- • تقديم تقارير تدريبية شهرية