Senior Finance Assistant
Searching for senior finance and legal assistant that enjoy "high communication and interpersonal skills, initiative, able to work under pressure, high attention to details, has a knowledge in the Palestinian contexts, team player, and motivator" to join our team!
Job Based in Beirut - Head Office with Probability of visiting the Palestinian Camps all over Lebanon.
To apply for this position:
Interested applicants should submit their CV with a Cover Letter including their knowledge and experience in finance and legal field via BOTH emails: [email protected] AND [email protected] , with Subject "Finance and Legal Assistant".
Only CV's sent for BOTH emails and with a Subject will be considered.
The Finance and Legal Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operational finance processes at area level, and for coordinating budget preparation/reviews related to grants, funds, and budgets for all related programs, donors, and departments by ensuring adherence to WPA’s policies and donor requirements.
- Implement effective, efficient and transparent finance systems that support the delivery of the Country Strategic Plan and individual projects at area level.
- Ensure adherence to WPA’s financial handbook and procedures, other WPA policies and donor requirements.
- Manage Finance staff at area level and follow up day to day operations of the finance team.
- Provide Capacity building on financial procedures and contribute to the improvement of the finance function in the area.
- Provide donor financial reports and any other financial management reports as required.
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents and reports.
- Ensure that WPA’s related activities are implemented within WPA’s guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that cash and bankbooks records are updated on daily basis, ensuring that all coding is in line with donor, WPA’s and country coding structure.
- Participate in budget preparation for new proposals, grant applications, budget revisions to ensure compliance with WPA and donor guidelines.
- Prepare budget forecasts/analysis and assist in Master budgets preparation & revision at area level.
- Review financial transactions and ensure that the supporting documents meet WPA securing supporting documentations and donor regulations.
- Support in area level month/project and year closures as per WPA and donors set procedures.
- Ensure spot checks and compliance checklists are done on regular basis.
- Assist with Internal and External Audits at area level as needed.
- Perform weekly Cash counts with cash holder as well as verifying posting the cash transactions to the system.
- Participate in tender openings with Procurement team.
- Coordinate closely with Project Managers and Staff to ensure proper communications and work between program and Finance function.
- Ensure optimal allocation of expenses in line with approved budgets and projected expenditures (master budget, allocation tables, etc.).
- Follow-up all the legal procedures with WPA’s Lawyer.
- Prepare all the financial reports to be submitted to the local authorities and to UNRWA.
- Implement any other Finance related task as requested by the admin and Finance Manager.