Psychosocial Support Facilitator
Any application not sent to the link below will not be taken into consideration
Planning and implementation responsibilities:
- Facilitators will commit to attend all training required before the implementation with a max absence 10 % (First two days are mandatory)
- Implement the sessions on a periodical manner and evaluate each session with the children
- Revise sessions according to each feedback/evaluation and constantly adapt approaches and exercises with the PSS trainer's approval.
- Promote and ensure children participation in all activities.
- Ensure that all activities are done in an appropriate location in line with minimum standards.
- Document all necessary feedback and provide regular monitoring report to the PSS trainer on the progress of children.
- Ensure that all children and caregivers are aware of any Feedback and complaint mechanism.
- Refer cases of children when needed.
- Ensure any specific organization assessment tools are implemented where applicable
- Ensure the use of good facilitation skills that make the children feel comfortable and enhance their participation and personal development.
- Ensure that children are not exposed to any form of harm or stress during the activity and that they feel safe and respected.
- Positively interact with children and encourage them to express their needs and ensure their safety.
- Ensure participation of children in the program in a non-discriminatory as well as age and gender sensitive and appropriate approach.
- Provide all material needed for each activity.
- Respect and Abide to the organizations internal code of conduct and child protection/safeguarding policy.
Reporting and Referring
- Report any medium/high risk cases to the child protection technical officer who will then refer to the appropriate agencies
- Update child protection technical officer of any new developments to the cases referred.
- Represent War Child Holland, when requested and is necessary.
- Provide needed information during operational and financial audit during audit of projects.
- Attend and participate in local and capacity building events as needed
- Be available to attend and participate in trainings.
- Work within a team and have a professional and ethical attitude towards all involved
- Use feedback provided by PSS trainers to improve practice
- Attend and participate in reflection meetings when needed
- Previous experience as facilitator is a plus
Education level: Bachelor’s degree in Phycology, Education or similar degree;
Psycho-Social Support field
- Minimum requirement for reading and writing skills (to be able to read and understand the content)
- Should be motivated and flexible
- Should have good communication skills
- He or she should have basic knowledge of child protection and should be a good model for children
Nice to have skills.
Years of experience: