Geographical Information System (GIS)/ Municipal Expert
The MASAR for Local Governments Programme (Maintaining Strength and Resilience) funded by the EU MADAD trust fund, seeks to build the institutional capacity and strengthen the resilience of local governments and their host, displaced and refugee populations.
The MASAR programme targets three areas in Lebanon heavily affected by the refugee crisis, mainly Akkar, Baalbek-Hermel, and the coastal plain north of Tripoli. By focusing on improving area-based planning, service delivery and local economic development, the programme seeks to help local governments develop long-term solutions to the challenges they face.
VNG International (the International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities), being one of the four consortium MASAR partners, is implementing a pilot project in the Baalbek-Hermel Governorate to capacitate local governments in Area-Based Planning, institutionalising & equipping a technical unit with required tools at the Union of Deir El Ahmar(UoDEA) & Arsal Municipality.
VNG International is seeking a short-term National Expert in municipal capacities and needs analysis of the development and use of GIS technology for planning and community inclusive service delivery. During this assignment, the Expert will conduct a Feasibility study for the Establishment of a GIS Unit with Management Capacities at the UoDEA and at Arsal Municipality. The study should focus on the targeted subnational authorities operating a GIS system and recommend a customised approach for the use of a GIS system that tends to the needs of the beneficiaries and their constituents. The National expert will submit a detailed project document and plan of action.
The minimum qualifications and skills of the expert are:
- Higher education degree (Masters level) in GIS or postgraduate degree in strategic planning and spatial development, GIS or a related field; or equivalent experience;
2. Professional Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in GIS planning and development;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in area-based planning, spatial planning, territorial planning;
- Extensive knowledge of the Lebanese municipal context and development processes and institutions;
- Proficiency in report writing, case studies and other related documentations;
- Proven record of previous experience in similar context;
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
How to apply
Interested, qualified and available candidates during the month of October 2020 are invited to send their CVs to Ms. Rima Kreidieh (Procurement Officer) before September 14, 2020 at the following email address: [email protected]Expired