Communication and Media Director
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs along with the cover letter by email to [email protected], mentioning the title of the position in the email subject.
Applicants must submit their CVs between 8:00 AM & 4:00 PM ONLY, Emails without cover letter or wrong content in the subject will be DISMISSED.
- Communication Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing a cohesive communications strategy.
- Assembling and overseeing a diversely skilled communications team, Volunteers, and Intern/s.
- Crisis management and preemptive planning.
- Cultivating an environment of readiness and alertness.
- Maintaining an awareness of company risks and threats.
- Projecting a positive company image to the public.
- Managing media relations.
- Managing a communications budget.
- Ensuring quality control of all information released.
- Media Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a new media strategy aligned to URDA, with a focus on our campaign, advocacy, programmatic, and humanitarian work.
- Assembling and overseeing a diversely skilled social media team, Volunteers, and Intern/s.
- Handling media enquiries, drafting comments and media releases, developing, and maintaining a network of key media contacts, hosting media visits to field programmes and acting as a focal point for media requests.
- The post-holder will support the function of risk mitigation, in cooperation with senior management and advocacy colleagues, and proactively spot opportunities for brand development.
- Build and maintain relationships with key national and international journalists and media outlets.
- Arrange media briefings and act as a spokesperson when required.
- Stay up to date on developments on media tools and trends, including social media, and train colleagues on these as needed.
- Work internally with social media, humanitarian communications and programmatic teams to ensure consistent messaging.
- Mount Lebanon