UNV Programme Officer (Education)
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH THE BELOW LINK WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Host Entity: UNICEF
Under the supervision of the Education Programme Officer in Tripoli Lebanon zonal office, provide professional technical assistance and support for Education programme design, planning and implementation, management and evaluation of programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, in support of achievement of programme goals and objectives. In addition to duty station specific vaccine requirements, appointments are subject to confirmation of fully vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the appointment. It does not apply to UN Volunteers who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their contracts. UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for UN Volunteers with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process and afterwards in your assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Education Programme Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Programme Officer will: 1. Knowledge Management for Programmes
• Contribute to the education programme by supporting knowledge management through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis for field education related projects and complete accurate reporting.
• Participate in information exchange with field education partners (UNICEF and education Sector partners) as well as in the development of training and orientation material by providing technical assistance. 2. Programme Development and Management
• Provide education technical assistance in the preparation of the Situation Analysis for programme development and management by collecting and analysing data and monitoring education implementation progress (education in emergencies and stabilization projects).
• Contribute to the identification of critical education related intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system.
• Analyse country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing education projects at field level.
• Draft or prepare education programme work plans as required. • Propose adjustments/changes in the education work plans.
• Propose education related recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices for supervisor.
3. Optimum Use of Program Funds
• Monitor the education programme implementation progress in the field and compliance with the agreed activities in the education program document (PD).
• Contribute to monitoring the allocation and disbursement of education programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated as per the agreed education PD with the partner. • Share recommendations or actions to optimize use of education programme funds.
4. Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
• Undertake education field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action(s).
• Collaborate with the education partners at field level to carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation.
• Participate in the monthly education subnational Working Group with partners and government counterparts, provide the support to the sector lead as required and prepare the minutes of meetings.
5. Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
• Support rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of the education programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks;
• Collaborate with all education partners in North and Akkar and assist in the strengthening of quality of child rights-based programmes consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects;
• Contribute to coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to education programme planning and design;
• Provide professional education technical assistance in preparing viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfilment of the rights of children and women, and recommendations on the education programme, new initiatives and management issues to ensure achievement of stated objectives.
6. National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
• Promote and maintain the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local education partners by identifying these partners and partnerships and providing continuous supports, coordination and collaboration for sustainability.
7. Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
• Analyse education programme related issues and policies from a children's and women's rights perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels for elevating credibility in national policy debates;
• Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
8. Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration • Facilitate education partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on field education programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies;
• Establish and maintain linkage to the Regional Programme Knowledge Network to ensure the availability of current and accurate education programme data;
• Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of education programming endeavours and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability;
• Support coordination of the Education Section, education Sector, and Partner’s meetings during emergency and post-emergency and ensure follow up on action points
• Provide professional support in provision of technical advice, negotiation, and promotion of area/country level goals, leading to agreement on practicable and priority actions to be supported by UNICEF programme. • Attend relevant education Sector thematic groups meetings and give input on strategies the taskforce may use to execute its tasks as per the workplan.
• Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Note on Covid-19 vaccination requirements
Selected candidates for certain occupational groups may be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) in line with the applicable host entity policy
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.
- North Lebanon