The Mediterranean Forum for Applied Ecosystem-Based Management (MED4EBM) project aims to enhance the capacities of various stakeholders and institutional actors involved in managing coastal and marine areas. In addition, the Project will help to establish a cooperation and coordination platform to implement Ecosystem-Based Integrated Coastal Zone Management (EB-ICZM) effectively. The MED4EBM Project will tackle this issue by assisting ICZM actors in four coastal areas of Jordan, Italy, Lebanon, and Tunisia.
The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing MED4EBM activities in TCNR coastal zone as a pilot area in Lebanon. The PM will be tasked to ensure that all the project’s Work Packages (WP) are implemented smoothly on the ground and monitored according to the program work plan and logical frameworks, in close coordination with the management team of COMMON/ ENSERES/ and Plastic Buster CAP projects at TCNR.
- The PM should guarantee the implementation of all the Work Packages according to the project timeline.
- The PM should represent TCNR in a good and respectful way in the Steering Committee of the Project
- The PM should guarantee the collection of data related to the project needs.
- The PM should guarantee an excellent report and achievement of the Project activities in the MIS platform.
- The PM should ensure good supervision and management of the team within TCNR.
Qualification and Skills
- PhD in Environmental Sciences, Marine Sciences, or relevant academic background, with Integrated Coastal Zones Management (ICZM) & Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) experience.
- Coordination and Organizational skills
- Good Project Cycle Management and Team Management skills
- Previous experience with managing multi-disciplinary projects (especially ENI CBC MED Project), with at least 2-years work experience with international organizations and NGOs
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written
- Well knowledge of TCNR (Mandatory)
- Familial with field work (Mandatory)
- Well knowledge of data related to TCNR
- Good relations with National Organizations, National experts, Municipalities and NGOs
- Good skills in collecting and achieving data based on national/ scientific papers and reports
How to apply
The application shall include the following:
- An updated CV of the applicant
- A motivation letter presenting the interest and qualifications for the project (especially mentioning the work experience with the European Project, and knowledge of TCNR)
- The application can be submitted by e-mail to [email protected], specifying in the email subject "MED4EBM– Project Manager".
This is an urgent call; we might decide to close the CV collection at our earliest convenience.
Deadline: 2th September 2022Expired