Community Developer - Tripoli
Applications will not be accepted via email, only by filling out the following form.
Tripoli Entrepreneurs Club is a Social Enterprise that inspires and empowers Talents & Businesses to build value-driven innovation through a sustainable startup ecosystem.
TEC is currently looking for a Community Development Officer reporting to the Business Development Director. This position is based in Tripoli with occasional commuting to Beirut & different Lebanese regions.
The Community Developer will be responsible for the development of the TEC community and incubation space, assessing the situation and devising ways for counteracting the decline in neighborhood conditions, creating communities of opportunity, in addition to managing partnerships with different stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Growing & Managing TEC community and ensuring members engagement
- Building and maintaining links with strategic partners to ensure plans are aligned and integrated with the programs’ priorities
- Growing & Managing MSME’s community partnerships and designing a relationship for mutual benefits
- Working closely with incubatees and with the community to promote community-led development including preparation and prioritization of community development plans for local business improvement.
- Supporting Customer Success Team in communicating with TEC customers and community
- Work closely with Customer Success Team to digitize the management of TEC portfolio
- Recruiting new talents for TEC programs and activities
- Co-managing TEC co-working space and preparation of events
- Ensuring the effective involvement of key stakeholders and service providers in the delivery of the programs
- Building & developing partnerships and cooperation with entrepreneurship stakeholders in Lebanon & abroad.
- Working to expand partnerships and cooperation between TEC and public entities for the implementation of local community projects and to have local needs, priorities and initiatives integrated into higher level of development planning in the region.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of TEC Co-Working Space facility, including recruiting potential tenants, and assisting in screening potential ones
- Representing TEC to the public, outside organizations, universities, businesses and other local organizations
- Identify funding sources for startups requiring financial assistance
- Assist in coordinating facility operations
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed
Competencies expected of the individual:
- People’s person
- Time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conceptual skills for promotion of economic and social development
Required Skills and Experience
An understanding of and commitment to the role and functions of community development
Effective and engaging communicator, with a passion and enthusiasm for supporting entrepreneurs to achieve their goals and KPIs
Have ability to produce good quality written reports and materials
Have ability to grasp and assimilate new information quickly
Driven with the ability to take the initiative to make things happen.
A networking enthusiast with a very extroverted character.
Passionate about startups, entrepreneurship, and nurturing a vibrant and diverse economy in the Tripoli and region.
Proactive, creative thinker, and problem solver with an innovative approach.
Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.
A true believer in change and Tripoli Entrepreneurs Club’s mission & values.
Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to establish productive relationships with TEC community, external organisations and local business owners.
A non-judgemental and positive attitude.
The ability to work independently while demonstrating a positive, purpose-oriented work ethic and enthusiasm, dedication, and commitment in assisting local startups to form and grow.
Creative and innovative in event production support and space management.
Energetic, energetic, and energetic.
A Dreamer & Doer.
Opportunities for growth arise from within. Not to expect a conventional career path.
Tripoli Entrepreneurs Club provides its team with a foster environment to co-create and contribute to its decisions. At TEC, everyone has room for growth once we realize the sense of ownership.
The position will open doors to get introduced to the world of entrepreneurship locally and regionally, and all its related stakeholders such as startups, SMEs, educational institutions, support organizations, media agencies, funds among others.
- North Lebanon