Human Resources and Operations (HRO) Officer
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume to [email protected].
Triangle aims to bridge the divide between policy making, empirical research, and the media to produce lasting results for clients, a rewarding environment for its team, and positively impact the communities where we operate. To integrate policy, research, and media, Triangle incorporates empirical enquiry with effective communications, developing clear, concise, and effective evidence-based solutions for the organizations we work with. Through this integrated approach, Triangle endeavours to transfer ownership of how decisions are made so that people have a greater say in how policy and development shape their lives.
As a growing organization, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambitions, and innovative project ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff and consultants distributed over multiple time zones. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you've been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
The Human Resource and Operations (HRO) Officer is responsible for managing the components of Triangle’s operations alongside upper management. The primary responsibilities of the HRO Officer will be to ensure that HR, operational, and logistical matters are coordinated efficiently, in line with project resources and business development strategies. The HRO Officer will collaborate with the finance department to manage financial and accounting matters and with the business development department to align operational activities with business strategies. Alongside senior management, s/he will supervise Triangle’s accounting, legal affairs, human resources, project cycles, and the general administration of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operations & Coordination:
- Manage operational requirements related to project work plans, technology requirements, and related back-end operations.
- Provide early warnings of potential under or over expenditures to Team Leaders and Triangle directors.
- Collaborate with the business development department to align operational activities with business strategies.
- Coordinate with the finance department to monitor project expenditures and ensure that all activities are financed in a manner that adheres to Triangle’s financial policies, as well as those of various donors.
HR & Administration:
- Manage payroll and maintain human resource files and records.
- Develop and maintain HR systems and strategies to improve efficiency and increase retention.
- Support senior management in overseeing and maintaining all relevant records and documents, including budgets, receipts, and financial ledgers, with assistance from Triangle’s administration staff.
- Collaborate with the finance department to compile and consolidate standard financial documents on a periodic basis.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders, such as banks, lawyers, auditors, accountants, and local authorities.
- Coordinate the organization of office logistics and manage relationships with external stakeholders, alongside Triangle directors.
- A combination of bachelors and (preferably) graduate degrees in human resources, business administration, operations management, accounting, finance, or related fields.
- Experience working with UN/NGOs, ideally incorporating business development, operational strategies, human resources management, project management, budget management, cash flow management as well as reporting, editing, and writing.
- Experience compiling work plans, and managing international grants.
- Experience managing budgets using IFRS accounting standards is highly desirable.
- Experience drafting and/or contributing to grant proposals is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills.
- High-level proficiency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) required, while knowledge of Arabic is highly desired. French, Farsi, and Turkish are assets.
Commensurate with experience, including commissions and bonuses for exceptional performance.
Part-time and consultancy options are considered on a case-by-case basis.