Project and Research Coordinator
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV to [email protected], with “ Project and Research Coordinator” in the subject line.
Under the broad guidance of TI-LB Executive Director and the Head of programs and the direct supervision of BINA’ project lead, the Project Coordinator and Data Researcher will contribute to the successful implementation of the advocacy monitoring, data analysis, communication channels and advocacy efforts related to the project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Conducting Data Research:
• Collect and analyze data related to transparency processes for advocacy and reforms efforts following TI-Lb transparency guidelines and methodology.
• Follow up on methodologies and frameworks for scoring transparency processes.
• Identify key indicators and metrics to assess transparency levels.
2. Establishing a Monitoring System:
• Lead a monitoring system to track transparency practices.
• Develop tools and templates for data collection and evaluation.
• Regularly monitor and evaluate transparency processes and document findings.
3. Communication and Dissemination:
• Develop communication strategies and channels to effectively disseminate transparency findings to relevant stakeholders.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and visualizations to communicate transparency scores and recommendations.
• Collaborate with the communication team to ensure consistent messaging and outreach.
4. Campaign Development:
• Identify opportunities to raise awareness and advocate for transparency and reforms in relevant sectors.
• Develop campaigns and initiatives to promote transparency practices.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to build alliances and partnerships for campaign success.
5. Website Management:
• Oversee the execution and maintenance of the monitoring unit's website.
• Ensure the website accurately reflects transparency scores, findings, and campaign information.
• Coordinate with web developers/designers to implement necessary updates and improvements.
6. Stakeholder Engagement:
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders ( CSO’s, state institutions, policy makers ) to gather feedback and input on transparency practices.
• Facilitate meetings, workshops, or focus groups to foster dialogue on transparency initiatives.
7. Project Coordination:
• Develop project plans, timelines, and milestones for the monitoring unit's initiatives.
• Coordinate activities and resources to ensure timely execution and achievement of project goals.
• Monitor project progress, track deliverables, and address any issues or challenges that arise.
8. Continuous Improvement:
• Evaluate the effectiveness of transparency processes and make recommendations for improvement.
• Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in transparency and data research.
• Collaborate with team members to implement lessons learned and enhance monitoring methodologies.
A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field such as data science, statistics, social sciences, public policy, project management, communication, journalism, political science, or a related discipline.
Preferable Work Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting data research, preferably in the context of transparency, governance, or policy analysis.
- Proven track record of establishing and managing monitoring systems or similar projects.
- Strong background in developing communication strategies and effectively disseminating information to stakeholders.
- Experience in developing advocacy campaigns, building alliances, and fostering partnerships for transparency and reforms.
- Proficiency in website management and coordination with web developers/designers.
- Successful engagement with internal and external stakeholders, such as civil society organizations, state institutions, and policymakers.
- Proven ability to coordinate projects, including developing project plans, tracking progress, and addressing challenges.
- Experience in evaluating processes, staying updated on industry best practices and implementing continuous improvements.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required