The deadline for submission of CV and short motivation letter is Jan. 27th,
2021. Interested applicants should send their CV to the following email [email protected], mentioning
the title of the position applied for. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Written
Technical Test will be required at the next phase of recruitment, and
shortlisted candidates will undergo a Panel interview with the Management team.
Terre des hommes- Lausanne is seeking a qualified Logistics Officer – Beirut
In local contexts, the Logistics Officer supports the Delegation in the planning, implementation and follow-up of procurements and store keeping.
He/she provides support and recommendations to improve the efficiency of the purchasing process at mission level.
He/she will be also responsible for managing all supplies and items dispatched and received in TDH, including medications, medical supplies, nutrition food and supplies, and any other warehouse items related to TDH in Lebanon. He/She will also be required to compile waybills, prepare reports, maintain up to date records using TDH Stock Card System, and ensure proper storage handling with best practices.
Under the management of the F&A and Logistics Coordinator, the Logistics Officer will perform the following tasks:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Procurement planning and strategy:
- Supports the drafting of Procurement Plans, in line with internal and donors’ guidelines.
- Reviews the Procurement Plans on a monthly basis in coordination with base teams, verifies that they match actual procurement implementation and forecast, and updates them as necessary
- Consolidates and shares updated Procurement Plans as required with coordination with the Admin, Finance and Log Coordinator
- Capitalizes, regularly updates, and shares procurement data, using the dedicated tools (suppliers list, price list, procurement validation follow-up…)
- Checks all procurement files received at Coordination for validation, verifying that the provided documentation is complete and correct
- Verifies compliance of the procurement files with regards to internal Procurement Procedures and Donors guidelines
- Liaises with the Field teams if issues are identified in the received procurement files, in order to complete and/or correct the required documentation.
Purchases at coordination level:
- Supports in identifying and quantifying the needs for centralized purchases, in coordination with the teams
- Manages procurements centralized level for the team, in line with internal and donors‘ regulations, and dispatches the purchased goods
- With the support of the Fin Admin Log Coordinator, implements market studies and large procurement procedures at mission level (Call for Tenders, Call for Expression of Interest
Internal and external audits:
- Visits the bases regularly and provides support on procurement activities
- Performs sample check of the procurement files at bases and coordination level, and provides feedback on the compliance to internal and donors procedures
- Supports in the preparation of external audits
Archiving and reporting:
- Ensures archiving of validated procurement files and contractual documents at Coordination level, in compliance with Tdh guidelines
- Supports the Finance Admin Log Coordinator and in the verification and feedback received from the teams
- Prepare the Log monthly pack report and send to Admin, Finance, and Log Coordinator for review and validation
Stock Management & Record Keeping
- Receiving and recording stock inflow and outflow on stock systems
- Verifying goods specifications and completing appropriate documentation
- Supervising the incoming stock
- Quality control: Checking the quality of stocks received and storage conditions; monitoring expiry date of stocks and reporting these in monthly reports
- Stock control - undertaking stock takes at least on a monthly basis and reporting on any discrepancies ( Production of monthly stock reports): Document in detail any loss, theft or damage to commodities that may occur while they are unloaded, stored or dispatched from the warehouse.
- Maintaining the security of stocks and access to warehouses
- Maintenance of daily stock documentation / records as per TDH and donor requirements.
Support to Distributions:
- Liaising with the Program Managers/teams in coordinating non-food items and other supplies in preparation for distribution activities
- Compiling stock data to assist the Program Manager/team in developing distribution plans and reports
- Ensure the adherence to warehousing / stock management policies and procedures as set out by TDH and donors.
- Supervise the staff under her/his direct responsibility and follow the appraisal process for: 1 Log clerk, 1 Store assistant and 1 Head of drivers, in addition to an indirect supervision of 2 drivers.
- Support disciplinary measures application if needed
- Ensure regular training
Premises management :
- Seek and identify potential premises for rent.
- Supervise the fitting of premises (installation of material and equipment).
- Set up the necessary security systems for the premises (locks, guards, etc.).
- Ensure the servicing and maintenance of the premises and generators.
- Ensure the supply of water, electricity, etc.
Safety and Security :
- Participate in monitoring the security context on the project area.
- Help improve the base procedures in accordance with changes in the context.
- Ensure the presence of means of transport and communication adapted to the local context.
- Respect the Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct (GCD), Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy (PSEA) and Policy on Gender and Diversity and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation and prompt notification of the CSP/PSEA Focal Point with any information regarding potential breaches of the policy
- Is aware of, abide by and promote the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job
- Participate actively in weekly and monthly coordination meeting with the line managers
- Academic Background: University degree in Business, logistics or another related field
- Experience: minimum 3 years’ of relevant experience, preferably in an NGO
- Professional competencies:
- Good knowledge of Logistics, procurement and store keeping standards and donors’ guidelines, and of the Lebanese purchasing environment.
- Knowledge in monitoring the security context for the delegation
- IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Previous experience with an NGO in a difficult context
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Knowledge of international humanitarian response and development work
- Knowledge of major donors procedures is an asset
- Valid driving license
- Good level Communication and interaction
- Team spirit
- Mission oriented.
- Respect for the institutional Framework
- Innovation & Development
- Good Monitoring & Reporting
- Languages : Arabic and English
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
Tdh Foundation, Lausanne has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff.