Driver based Zahle Area or surroundings.
The deadline for submission of CV and Motivation letter is on Friday September 1st, 2023. The interested applicants should send their CV to the following email [email protected], mentioning the title of the position applied for. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will undergo a Panel interview with the Management team and HR.
Terre des hommes - Foundation (Lausanne) is seeking a qualified Driver based Zahle Area or surroundings.
In local context, the Driver transports people and equipment of the Terre des hommes delegation according to the requests from the Project Manager, Log Assistant but also member of Senior Management Team. S/he informs the Logistician about any issues to do with the vehicles. When the driver is in the field, may be asked to collaborate with project activities following the request of Project Manager.
The Aim of position is to Ensure that Tdh staff can deliver their services and conduct their business by being where they need to be safely and on time.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the transportation and other parts of the procurement, transportation and store management of the supply chain process as needed.
- Lead all aspects regarding the safe and effcient driving of staff and materials as directed by the fleet management policy.
- Responsible for the day to day fueling, repairs, checks, maintenance and cleanliness of Tdh vehicles
- Support the Logistics Officer to coordinate transportation needs from delegation staff.
- Daily check up for vehicles
- Weekly report to be filled upon checking vehicles.
- Daily update and coordinate with the line manager
- Support the safe and timely transportation of equipment and other tasks related to inventory management.
- Assist Logistics Department with facilities management as needed.
Information & Communications Technology
- Assist Logistics Department with ICT duties as needed.
- Encourage and promote clear and positive communication amongst other members of department and delegation.
- Support reporting requirements as needed.
- Respect the Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct (GCD), Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy (PSEA) and Policy on Gender and Diversity and its principles of child protection, ensuring the policy’s implementation and prompt notification of the CSP/PSEA Focal Point with any information regarding potential breaches of the policy;
- Is aware of, abide by and promote the practices and values set out in all other Tdh policies and procedures such as the Internal Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and other policies;
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job;
- Academic Background: Schooling education: High School
- Experience: 1 to 2 years of Driving experience
- Other: Must be able to express himself in Basic English.
Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC):
- Self-management: Manages oneself, time and priority, shows flexibility, availability and adaptability. Self-developing, Identifies and expresses development needs.
- Communication and interaction: Communicates in a clear, concise, responsible way and constructive way. Listens Actively. Shows Negotiation Skills. Manages conflict maturely.
- Teamwork: Shows solidarity. Cooperates to achieving goals. Supports colleagues. Uses a collaborative attitude within and outside the department. Creates Trust.
- Mission orientation: Respects the values defined, Courage, Ambition, Respect and Commitment. Represents the Mission of Tdh and contributes to it. Acts in Tdh interest.
Technical and methodological competencies (TMC) :
- Respect for the institutional framework: Knows and respect Tdh working framework. Reports any incidents or violations. Applies security guidelines.
- Innovation & Development: Stays informed on any innovation in the field of work, contributes to their development, shares into good practices. Shares Knowledge with colleagues.
- Language & Computer skills: Masters language useful for the job: Arabic is a must, Minor understanding of English language. Basic knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Other Skills: Must have a valid driving license.
Reports to: Head of Drivers
Location/Travel: Zahle with frequent travel to Bekaa Area.
Tdh Foundation, Lausanne has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff.