Psychotherapist (has previous experience with children and youth)
Interested candidates are requested to forward their CV to: [email protected]
Please mention in the subject line: "Application psychotherapist SGH Jal El Dib" or "Application psychotherapist SGH Jbeil"
Only shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest
The psychotherapist is responsible to work with individuals, couples, families and groups to help them overcome a range of mental health and emotional and behavioral problems. His duties include performing initial patient assessments and coaching them through therapeutic objectives and activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The psychotherapist must have the expertise at a variety of duties and responsibilities, such as:
- Assessing the patient’s psychological status to develop a treatment plan with clear objectives using evidence based approach (IPT, CBT,TF-CBT, EMDR)
- Using different relaxation and stress management techniques
- Providing support and guidance for family members and caregivers
- Reviewing the patient’s progress and adapting the treatment accordingly
- Performing administrative tasks such as keeping records, writing reports and making collaboration when needed
- Synthesizing evaluation results into a comprehensive written report, which reflects strengths and barriers to child’s progress and guides evidence-based intervention.
Psychotherapist regularly collaborates with other disciplines and services at departmental and system levels. Psychotherapist is expected to independently review outcomes and modify intervention programs. Clinical reasoning and professional judgment are essential to ensuring the safety of children and protecting liability of SOS system and the therapist.
These are the main important tasks:
- Collaborating with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of child’s psychological strengths and needs, through evaluation, planning, and service and recommendations delivery.
- Participating in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual development plans and intervention plans to achieve IDP goals.
- Participating in case study meeting with multidisciplinary team in order to develop individual development plans and intervention plans to achieve IDP goals.
- Providing experiential learning, and treatment groups to address psychological and behavioral problems and to develop coping skills.
- Ability to participate collaboratively with social workers and caregivers to develop Individualized Development Plans to meet child needs.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to prevent and protect children of all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination based on SOS Child Protection Policy principles
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the national CS focal person or any other member of the national CS team and/or to respective line manager
- Mount Lebanon
- Jall Ed Dib - Bqennaya
- Mount Lebanon
- Jbeil (Byblos)
- Jbeil (Byblos)