Purchase Officer - North
Does this description fit you?
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only will not be considered.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with the keyword "Purchase Officer - your name" included in the subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Solidarités International (SI) is an international NGO working with vulnerable populations, mainly victims of armed conflicts, other man-made crises, and natural disasters. Specialized for more than 40 years in the coverage of vital needs, SI takes charge of emergency, early recovery, and reconstruction programs.
With respect for different cultures and close to the affected people, Solidarités International implements its programs by combining its organizational know-how and competencies with the skills and expertise of its employees and local managers.
Solidarités International's teams, made up of around 270 expatriates and nearly 2,200 local employees, are today present in 18 countries in Asia, the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Americas where they are particularly committed to fighting diseases related to unsafe water and poor hygiene conditions but also in the essential area of food security, livelihoods and basic assistance.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The purchase officer carries out the purchases for the programs and structure for his/her assigned base.
He/she is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarités International purchase procedures.
He/she is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases.
He/she is responsible for communicating with suppliers and reporting the information to his/her line manager.
The main challenges:
- Getting acquainted with the local market of the North and Akkar regions.
- Managing a big pool of suppliers affiliated to SI and being able to find and train new ones.
- Learning to use the supply chain software called Link, developed by INGOS for the follow-up of day-to-day operations.
- Becoming responsible for the compliance of the supplier selection process in a multi-cultural and multi-religious context, whilst considering the difficulties due to the economic crisis
- Communicating transparently with the other departments of SI, mainly the Program and the Finance teams, in order to correct issues and find constructive solutions.
- Ensuring clear reporting of challenges to the line manager
Priorities for the first 2/3 months:
- Gain swiftly a proper understanding of the setup and the ongoing operations of SI in the Northern region of Lebanon.
- Establish a proper way of working and coordinating with the program teams as well as with the finance team.
- Learning all the supply procedures to respect while in charge of a procurement, from the request to the payment of the supplier.
List of main tasks:
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
• Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
• Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of purchasing process:
• Receive and process requests for quotes and Purchase Lines after verification and approval by his/her line manager
• Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
• Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the requester requirements in terms of quantity and quality
• Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations
• Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
• Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
• Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
• Ensure the monitoring of PL requests and inform requesters of the status of their orders
• Ensure the compliance of the procurement file on the software Link
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: LOG Supply Manager
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in procurement,
- Previous experience working in emergency and/or development context
- Previous experience working with INGO is a strong asset.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Very good command of logistics procedures
- Computer literacy with strong command of MS Office
Soft skills and spirit:
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player
- Attention to details.
- Fluent in both English and Arabic: speaking, reading, and writing.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: 1325 USD as a monthly basic salary
Vacation: 1.75 days/month
Social and medical coverage
- North Lebanon