Food Security, Livelihoods, and Agriculture Field Officer
We actively encourage women to seize opportunities, break barriers, and excel in their careers. Join our team, where your skills, ideas, and contributions will be valued and nurtured, fostering a culture of inclusivity and empowerment.
Deadline for submitting applications: 6/10/2023
Does this description fit you?
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only will not be considered.
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with the keyword "FSLA OFFICER - your name" included in the subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
A FSL officer is responsible for implementing and managing livelihood and economic development programs aimed at enhancing the income-generating capabilities and overall quality of life of targeted communities. This role involves working closely with community members, local stakeholders, and partner organizations to design, implement, and monitor livelihood projects and initiatives.
The main challenges:
- New area of intervention in a new sector for SI in Lebanon (Livelihood Program)
- Use newly developed program tools.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Conduct field assessments with data collection and baseline for beneficiary selection
Responsibilities and main activities:
Goal / Purpose:
• The FSL Officer will assist in the establishment of training and monitoring programs for the disbursement of cash or in-kind assistance to designated beneficiaries engaged in agriculture and livelihood/food security support initiatives, while ensuring strict adherence to Solidarités International's technical guidelines and protocols.
• S/He executes all tasks with a commitment to excellence and, when deemed necessary, suggests modifications or enhancements to maintain a high level of quality and improve the implementation process.
• S/He maintain ongoing communication with the training organization and the selected farmers/MSMEs/Cooperatives to ensure the effectiveness of the initiative.
• Collect accurate data at the field level and participate in data analysis.
• Contribute to conducting assessment, baseline, and impact surveys.
• Help in designing and setting up criteria for selecting targeted communities and beneficiaries.
Activity relevance, quality, and creation
• Implement activities in accordance with Solidarités International technical requirements and financial donor criteria.
• Collect information and assist in the quality analysis of the activities carried out.
Implementation and operational monitoring
• Provide training and capacity-building support to community members, helping them acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to improve their livelihoods.
• Identify and utilize resources such as training materials, tools, and resources for skill development.
• Carries out the activities for which he is responsible, in accordance with the deadlines and technical specificities that have been set.
• Use management, monitoring, and evaluation tools in the activities-assessment formats, follow-up sheets, harvest reports, etc.
• Follow up on Agriculture and FSL activities upon guidance by his/her supervisor.
• Ensure regular monitoring and follow-up of the activities with the beneficiaries through regular field visits using monitoring tools.
• Pre-empt any difficulties linked to carrying out the activities and facilitate problem-solving.
• Ensure good analysis of the local environment and understanding of needs so that activities are adapted accordingly.
• Ensure compliance with national and international norms and quality standards related to his/her activities.
• Provide necessary technical support to the selected MSMEs, Cooperatives, Startups on business development and income generating activities, etc.
Pass on to the Line Manager any information on the security context or any event that may have potential consequences for Solidarités International activities and team security.
Participate in writing reports on the progress of activities for which s/he is responsible.
Collect information for case studies, success stories & lesson-learning reports.
Fill out and update the activity sheet provided by the line manager if relevant.
Archive his/her monitoring tools and files in the Solidarités International office, where they can be accessed by the line manager.
Communicate with other team members on activity results.
Present to the population and local authorities the nature of the field operations and create awareness about the program activities.
Write up handover and transition reports before the end of his/her employment contract, and pass these on to those parties concerned with the mission.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: FSL DPM
Line Report(s) None
Functional Manager: -
Functional Report(s): -
Studies : Education: bachelor’s degree in agriculture engineering/Agri-economy/Agri-business or a similar field is desirable; it can be balanced by experience.
Experience : A minimum of 2 years of professional work experience.
Previous involvement with an NGO or INGO is considered advantageous.
Previous engagement in livelihoods, food security, or agricultural projects, particularly in the provision of training to farmers and/or the administration of cash-based assistance, is seen as an advantage.
ARABIC LANGUAGE: Fluent
ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Fluent
FRENCH LANGUAGE: None (a plus)
IT : Microsoft Office, ODK, KOBO.
- Knowledge and technical skills:
• Good food security/agronomist/agricultural/business technical skills and knowledge.
• Strong communication skills, used to speak in front of an audience and able to work dynamically with adults, farmers and small business holders.
• Excellent understanding of humanitarian principles, accountability, and do no harm.
• Computer literacy with a basic command of MS Office.
- Soft skills:
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication (verbal and written), cultural sensitivity, negotiation skills, and diplomacy.
• Flexible (will have to take on responsibilities that might not be directly on his/her JD)
• Mobility to visit different locations (day trips) in West and Central Bekaa and Ballbeck-Hermel area regularly (weekly).
• Adaptability to changing work environments and possible volatile security situations.
• Stress management skills: the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Good interpersonal, analytical, communication, cultural sensitivity, negotiation skills, and diplomacy
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post : 1325 USD as basic salary
Vacation : 1.75 paid leave per month
Social and medical cover