Research Intern- The Socio-Economic Justice Intitiative
Applicants should submit their detailed CV and motivation letter before April 11 2020 to:
[email protected] with “Internship Application” in the subject line. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
The Socio-Economic Justice Initiative (acronymed MAAN from Arabic) is an independent, Lebanese, non-profit non-governmental think and act tank working across all Lebanese territories, established in 2018.
MAAN aims to bridge inequalities within Lebanon through the promotion of a culture of citizen accountability, the production of qualitative and quantitative evidence-based research, and advocacy for stronger institutions of social protection. Born at a time when international organizations are directing their attention to social equality, accountability, and governance, MAAN will target citizens, especially youth, throughout Lebanon, to build a popular, public movement advocating for socio-economic policy benefiting all citizens, rather than clientelistic networks and the elite. With this, MAAN aims to reform socio-economic policy through a rights-based approach and acting as a catalyst between grassroots groups and policymakers.
MAAN is looking to hire a Research Intern to conduct a desk review on the Social Protection System in Lebanon. The intern will carry out part-time tasks in close collaboration with the Program Manager and under the general guidance of the Director.
The scope of work and expected outputs/deliverables will be the following:
• Conduct desk review on the social protection system in Lebanon.
• Collect review and analyze all the necessary documents to fully understand the administrative framework of the social protection system in Lebanon.
• Collect review and analyze International successful protection systems.
• Carry out stakeholders analysis to bring out the roles and responsibilities of key actors in the Lebanese social protection system.
• Develop recommendations from a legal approach suggested to improve the social protection system in Lebanon.
• Conducting desk reviews and legal analysis on other socio-economic issues in coordination with various stakeholders including consultants and experts as assigned by the Director.
-A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in Law, political studies, economics or related field
-At least 6 months of prior work experience in dealing with legal issues
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in undertaking research
-Good understanding of socio-economic issues and challenges facing populations in Lebanon
-Possess excellent report writing, presentation, and documentation skills
-Very good knowledge of English, Good in Arabic.