Climate Justice Consultant
Interested candidates must submit their CV and quotation to the following email [email protected]
Further materials are to be requested upon selection.
Please mention (Climate Justice Consultant) in the email subject line.
The Climate Justice Consultant will play a pivotal role in advancing climate justice initiatives and promoting equitable and sustainable solutions to address the impacts of climate change on marginalized communities. The consultant will provide expert advice, strategic guidance, and project management support to SHIFT partner in addition to ensuring that climate justice principles are integrated into Action Aid’s Global Platform policies, programs, and initiatives. The Consultant Responsible will also be responsible for the planning and implementation of the climate justice activities and initiatives through structured oversight and coordination with field-based staff to achieve project targets.
Main tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis on climate justice issues, including the social, economic, and environmental impacts of climate change on marginalized communities.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to respective partners and stakeholders on integrating climate justice considerations into policies, strategies, and action plans.
- Collaborate with partner organizations, government agencies, and community groups to develop and implement climate justice initiatives that prioritize the needs and perspectives of vulnerable populations.
- Assess existing climate policies and programs for their effectiveness in addressing climate justice concerns and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and deliver training programs, workshops, and capacity-building initiatives to increase awareness and understanding of climate justice among stakeholders.
- Facilitate inclusive and participatory processes to engage communities and ensure their active involvement in decision-making processes related to climate change.
- Support the development and implementation of community-based adaptation and resilience projects that promote climate justice.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of climate justice initiatives, collect relevant data, and prepare reports and recommendations for partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Stay informed about emerging research, best practices, and policy developments related to climate justice and share knowledge and insights with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and networks to foster cross-sectoral partnerships and promote knowledge exchange on climate justice issues.
- Advocate for climate justice at local, national, and international forums, conferences, and events.
- Ensure that program activities are implemented according to Action Aid requirements and standards.
- Organize weekly/monthly meetings with relevant Project Manager regarding the project’s expected activities, targets, regional implementation etc.
- Submit regular reports to the Project Manager (depending on donor’s requirements).
- Attend regular meetings with donors, partners, and respective team members.
- Lead on the Youth for Climate (Y4C) initiative and activities to be implemented under Action Aid’s Global Platform (GP) in Tripoli, Lebanon (climate festival, climate walk, climate exhibition, painting streets, planting trees etc.).
- Mentor and support youth members in their creative campaigning, organizing, and learning efforts under Action Aid’s Global Platform (GP) in Tripoli, Lebanon.
- Participate in knowledge sharing networks such as Climate Change/Justice Working Groups or Sector Meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., environmental studies, social sciences, international development). A master's degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working on climate justice, environmental justice, or related fields.
- Deep understanding of the intersectionality between climate change, social inequality, and environmental justice.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing climate justice strategies, policies, or programs.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to analyze complex data and communicate findings effectively.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to engage diverse stakeholders and foster meaningful dialogue.
- Project management experience, including planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation is a plus.
- Knowledge of international climate change frameworks, agreements, and policies, such as the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Familiarity with climate justice principles and frameworks, such as the Principles of Climate Justice and the Equitable Adaptation Legal & Policy Toolkit.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusivity.
- Program Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Field staff
- Support Unit
- Other relevant partners/stakeholders
- Flexible working hours: depending on the action plan.
- Willingness to travel abroad for meetings and conferences (where applicable).
- North Lebanon