Interested candidates can send their CV`s to: [email protected]
Email title: Procurement Officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
IECD (The European Institute for Cooperation and Development) is an international solidarity organization established in 1988 that implements socio-economic development projects in partnership with local institutions. IECD works particularly in the areas of training and vocational integration, support for very small businesses and access to education and health for the most vulnerable. IECD has been present in Lebanon since 1988 and has been working on projects there since 2007.
Semeurs d'Avenir (SDA) a Lebanese association created in 2010,and IECD's operational partner in Lebanon is looking for a Procurement Officer
Under the responsibility of the project manager of the Beirut Post Blast Project, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for:
- Follow the purchasing rules & procedures
- Research & contact potential vendors
- Preparing RFQs, POs …
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers (comparison tables)
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Check the goods bought vs invoice & PO
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Monitor stock counts and update the database of material tracking
- Weekly report on the progress of procurement work to the project manager
Education: bachelor's degree in business or general studies with professional experience in purchasing departments of emergency organizations
- Negotiating skills - Knowledge and application of purchasing procedures - Fluency in Arabic and English essential. - Understanding and / or attraction for education and vocational training issues - Good interpersonal communication - Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
Qualities : - Dynamism, autonomy and initiative - Sense of organization and taste for teamwork - Strong interest and motivation for development issues and international solidarity - Adherence to the values of the IECD: a look at the person, the spirit of service, a professional commitment