Proposal Development Consultancy Trainer
To apply, interested consultants should submit their CVs along with Cover Letter to the following link:
A brief description of the proposed training methodology.
A financial proposal including the consultants’ daily rate.
Please include in your e-mail “Proposal Development Trainer” in the subject
*We encourage national females to apply.
Fostering Social stability Through Strategic Communications - FCO 022
We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
About Search for Common Ground
Search for Common Ground (Search) is a non-governmental organization working to transform the way the world deals with conflict. We have acquired over 35 years of experience in peacebuilding and are based in over 30 countries around the world. Search first worked in Lebanon in 1996, addressing multiple issues arising within Lebanon's diverse society. In each project we seek to engage all stakeholders to work together to address shared challenges and develop joint solutions. We have led programmes around the world to help societies channel their differences away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative solutions with activities that range from conflict mediation and peace education to stabilisation and women’s empowerment.
The project aims to promote social stability amongst and between communities and refugees in Lebanon and has two specific objectives:
- SO1. Cultivate collaborative and positive dialogues and narratives between communities across Lebanon;
- SO2. Shift public perceptions towards greater trust and respect between communities across Lebanon;
The project will be implemented in a two year period, using a mixture of national multimedia campaigning and community-led dialogue initiatives to ensure a widespread perspective transformation and relation building. The initiatives will focus on key hotspot communities in the governorates of Akkar, North, Mount Lebanon, West and Central Bekaa, Baalbek-Hermel, and Beirut. The project will be implemented using the following outputs:
- Output 1.1 Research and analysis into linkages between strategic communications and social stability.
- Output 1.2 Team of champions facilitate dialogue sessions and lead Community-led Initiatives
- Output 2.1 National multimedia campaign targeting the population at-large and some key media stakeholders, national and sub-national government figures, top social media influencers, and CSOs
- Output 2.2 Coordinate a rapid response d and tension monitoring with local champions and stakeholders
We are searching for…
A consultant to conduct a training on “Proposal Development” as a part of the “Fostering Social Stability through Strategic Communications” project, that tackles peacebuilding and conflict sensitivity. The project will support 24 local ‘Influencers for Peace’ (Champions) in addressing needs in their communities and this will be followed by providing sub-grants to meet the mapped needs. The training aims to enhance the champions’ capacity and enable them to apply for a mini-grant for the ‘Community-Led Initiatives’. In addition, the aim of the training is to ensure sustainability, by providing the champions with the necessary skills needed to continue applying for grants after the end of the project, as well as, the capacity to identify their communities’ needs and gaps.
Community-led initiatives (online and/or offline) developed by champions will be focussed on alleviating tensions and raising awareness of collaboration in a sensitive way that is adapted to the context. This will directly look at addressing key conflict triggers identified by champions and our conflict analysis and mapping.
- The conflict mapping will be led by the coaches while the champions will interview and coordinate with community members (Provided by Search).
- To develop their initiatives the champions will collaborate virtually with other champions and/or with community members from their region. The champions will need to develop a proposal in order to achieve the grant for implementation (Training provided by a consultant)
The trainer will be responsible for preparing the training methodology and materials. The training is expected to be on 12th - 13th June 2020 Zoom (Or other Virtual Platforms).
The roles and responsibilities of the consultant will include:
- Develop a training Methodology; in consultation with the Project Manager in Search for Common Ground;
- Draft the agenda of the training including clear objectives and expectations of each session in coordination with the project manager in Search for Common Ground;
- Develop the proposal development (PD) materials and tools and deliver the equivalent of a 2 days (9 am - 5 pm) training session for 24 champions. The training will be conducted virtually, and will be distributed to smaller trainings:
- 3 days of 3 hour trainings for 24 champions (Main Training),
- 1 follow-up session (1-2 hours each) for each of the 6 areas (4 champions per area) for Q/A and support;
- Develop evaluation forms, pre and post-tests, in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation department in Search for Common Ground;
- Submit a final report on the Training that aligns with the reporting requirements in Search for Common Ground.
Search seeks an experienced consultant with the following qualifications
- Knowledge of Proposal Development’s tools and materials;
- Previous experience in delivering remote/online trainings;
- Solid understanding of the project cycle phases and tools;
- Proven experience in the design, development, and delivery of similar trainings and designing evaluation forms and pre and post-tests;
- Ability to tailor training modules to the specific needs of trainees;
- Experience in raising awareness and mobilizing disadvantaged communities;
- Strong knowledge of Lebanese Communities and Syrian Refugee context;
- Profound knowledge of conflict transformation, conflict sensitivity and gender sensitivity;
- Willingness and ability to be flexible;
- Experience in working with international organizations.
- Training will be conducted in Arabic - Reporting will conducted in English