Project Officer - Lebanon, Beirut
Interested candidates should apply through: https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1945
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Search is seeking qualified candidates for a Project Officer position to support an ongoing initiative contributing to reducing the risk of violent extremism among detainees in Lebanon. This position will report to the Project Manager and support the project by contributing to effective management and implementation of activities and internal processes and policies.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and other project staff on the implementation of the project;
- Ensure financial compliance with Search’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely payment of consultants, suppliers and other expenditures
- Assist in executing project activities in a timely manner, ensuring good quality action and credible outcomes.
- Support in the monitoring and evaluation of the project both through field visits and the preparation/analyses of M&E tools;
- Assist in the planning for workshops, trainings, and other project events and activities, as needed.
- Maintain project records such as databases, reports and records of decisions.
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Perform translations as required;
- Develop detailed reports on meetings when required;
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area, preferably in political science, social sciences, international relations, conflict resolution, peacebuilding, penology or related area.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in project implementation.
- Experience working in prisons is a major asset.
- Experience working on violent extremism issues is an advantage.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to-detail.