Search is currently implementing a ‘One Act’ social media campaign which aims to highlight the amazing contributions from people living in Lebanon to their communities. Through highlighting these activities we had hoped to enhance and recognize the incredible acts of community heroes and promote peace between communities. Search is organizing a seven day ‘virtual festival’ style campaign at the end of January 2021 highlighting that people from different backgrounds and from all areas in Lebanon are involved in peacebuilding activities. To produce the videos broadcasted, Search is seeking to hire a videographer who will work closely with the project team, the Communications Manager and local champions and influencers featured in the v-festival.
The videographer will produce a total of eight videos lasting around five minutes each. Four of these will show case peacebuilding initiatives implemented by champions for peace supported by Search in their communities located all over Lebanon. This will serve as a documentation of the success stories happening during the implementation of these initiatives and will be shared with the audiences of the One Act campaign in an entertaining manner. Additionally, the videographer will produce three videos featuring local influencers doing a fun activity underlined by messages of peace and unity across different groups. Further, the videographer will pre-record and edit one round table on peacebuilding work and volunteering in communities in Lebanon. Finally, one longer feature of drama performance needs to be produced.
In order to produce these videos, the videographer will have to travel to different areas in Lebanon including North Lebanon (Tripoli, Akkar), Beirut, Mount Lebanon, North and Central Bekaa, where the champions’ initiatives are being implemented. Furthermore, the videographer has to provide for a studio or similarly suitable space to produce the videos featuring the influencers and interviews with champions. The final videos will be posted on the social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) of the One Act campaign.
Deadline to deliver the documentary and communication materials is January 20, 2021.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with the project team and the Communications Manager to get introduced to the project and the purpose of the video;
- Provide a detailed work plan including the filming locations and schedule;
- Provide a synopsis for each film to be approved by Search;
- Attend an introductory meeting with the champions before the filming (can be online);
- Coordinate all facets of video production including brainstorming of ideas, planning, synopsis, production and post-production editing;
- Provide a studio or comparable space suitable to shoot influencer videos and champion interviews;
- Update the project team regularly on the work progress including any challenges and/or recommendations;
- Produce four 5 minute videos combining video material of different champion initiatives;
- Produce three 5 minute videos featuring local influencers;
- Produce one 5 minute video featuring a round table on peacebuilding in Lebanon;
- Produce one longer feature of drama performance;
- Produce two teasers to be used on Search social media platforms;
- Provide images that will be added to the photo library;
- Ensure One Act and Search branding is featured as required.
All outputs and footage delivered under this consultancy will be shared with Search and Search will have ownership over all products.
Bachelor’s degree (completed or in progress) or equivalent in filmmaking or any related field to communications
- Experience in video productions and editing, including strong mastery of camera, audio, lighting, Adobe, graphics, audio mixing, etc.;
- Experience in indoor/outdoor video shooting in moderate weather conditions;
- Experience in managing shoots, including shooting locations, scheduling, conducting interviews, etc.;
- Experience in developing scripts and telling community stories through film;
- Experience in working with NGOs;
- Experience in working with people from different cultural backgrounds
How to apply
To apply, interested candidates (individuals, agencies, companies, and firms) are requested to send the following documents in three seperate files to the below link:
1) The technical proposal must include the proposed methodology, proposed team to work on the assignment (their qualifications and experience), proposed studio space to work with or highlight own facilities, timeline of delivering the assignment, experience doing similar assignments. The main proposal must not be more than 10 pages (consolidated in one pdf file).
2) At least three reference letters from previous assignments successfully completed (at least 1 NGO/community based organization), CVs of consultancy team, copies of certifications and qualifications, and copies of previous work done must be submitted as annexes (all these documents to be consolidated in one pdf file and uploaded to "Portfolio") .
3) A financial proposal stating:
- The price quotation of each item presented in the bid including total cost for deliverable, unit cost and number of units (this should include rent for a studio for shooting three influencer videos)
- Validity of technical and financial proposal
- Proposed payment plan (currency, bank and payment terms)
- Legal papers of registration (commercial, registration, tax documents).
(All these financial documents to be consolidated in one pdf file)
*Applications must be submitted on Lever before January 3, 2021. The maximum budget for this call is $11,000 USD.Expired