Senior Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator - Beirut (Re-advertised)
Kindly apply online using this link: Senior MEAL Coordinator - Beirut
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Senior MEAL Coordinator plays a key role in assuring accountability to stakeholders and strengthening quality in the delivery, learning and reporting of the EU Madad funded livelihoods and Social Protection consortium. The consortium is led by Save the Children, with four other NGOs, and will implement a three-year project aimed at promoting self-reliance among severely vulnerable households in Akkar and Baalbek-Hermel, and reducing their dependence on social assistance. The project has four primary results for beneficiaries: 1) Social Protection; 2) Livelihoods Promotion; 3) Financial inclusion; and 4) Women and Adolescent Empowerment
The Senior MEAL Coordinator will be responsible for creating, establishing and maintaining a consortium level MEAL framework as well as project related MEAL system, in coordination with SC MEAL staff. S/he will lead on developing approaches to ensure beneficiaries are engaged throughout the project management cycle and are able to hold Save the Children and other consortium members to account. The role will require establishing and maintaining systems and processes related to monitoring and accountability as well as supporting on developing and implementing an evaluation and learning framework. The Senior MEAL Coordinator will ensure continuous learning and evidence-based adaptive programming.The Senior MEAL Coordinator will report to the Chief of Party of the consortium, and have a dotted line technical support the Save the Children’s MEAL Manager.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Chief of Party
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Create, establish and maintain a consortium-wide programme MEAL framework that aligns with Save the Children’s quality framework standards yet is contextualised to the Lebanon context, enables quantitative and qualitative data to be captured, stored, presented and analysed and supports the delivery and adaptation of the EU Madad programme.
- Create, establish and maintain programme level monitoring tools and databases that are mainstreamed to existing systems and align with programme design and allow for evidence based adaptation and capture relevant data for measuring the delivery of the programme and contributing to learning.
- Ensure consortium member implementation of accountability activities that enables all beneficiaries to engage in a two-way dialogue regarding the design and delivery of consortium programme.
- Create, establish and maintain a methodology that ensures beneficiary participation is factored into all stages of the project management cycle.
- Together with the Chief of Party, promote a culture of continuous learning and analysis of data at every level of the consortium with the objective of ensuring the programme is refined and remains relevant in a changing context.
- Lead MEAL activities across the consortium ensuring the coordination, harmonization and following implementation of MEAL activities among the consortium members.
- Lead the research and learning components of the programme, ensuring all consortium members are engaged.
- Ensure MEAL activities, processes, progress and performance are effectively handled to inform timely decision making to all consortium members.
- Liaise with consortium actors to ensure technical inputs and recommendations provided into tools development and coordination efforts.
- Coordinate with consortium members to ensure relevant data is shared.
- Ensure use of evidence-based quantitative and qualitative analysis in line with the reporting requirements.
- Lead the development of information management tools in order to ensure the systems are fit for purpose of monitoring, data analysis.
- Lead the digitalization of MEAL tools & databases, ensuring consortium members are orientated on all tools.
- Collaborate with consortium MEAL field staff to oversee the execution of MEAL implementation plan at field level.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- 5-8 years’ experience of creating, establishing and maintaining a MEAL framework for a multi-sector programme in a humanitarian and development context
- 5 years’ experience of building community participation and accountability
- 5 years’ experience of information and data management
- 5 years’ experience monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
- 5 years’ experience in supervision, training and coach staff
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Fluency in English and Arabic