Program Officer - Zahle
Save the Children is a global humanitarian organization committed to diversity and inclusion, working towards empowering and protecting children worldwide and in the countries where it operates. Save the Children highly encourages and welcomes receiving applications from qualified candidates regardless of their diverse gender, orientation, disability, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origins, religion and beliefs. Save the Children has a global policy on anti-harassment as well as zero tolerance for discrimination, bullying, sexual exploitation and abuse. All applications will be looked at and treated with the strictest confidentiality and transparency regardless of the diversity of candidates
Kindly apply online using this link: Program Officer- Zahle
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Program Officer supports the Area Manager in the analysis, monitoring and reporting of operational activities and ensure that the reports are done on time.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Liaise with Area Manager, Program Managers and Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learnning to ensure drafting of weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports for Zahle Field Office operational activities.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, semiannual, annual and end-of-project donor narrative reports as required and per donor guidelines and overall program reporting.
- Draft narrative reports on contributions, in compliance with specific donor requirements and ensure all donor reports are on time and of high quality.
- Responding to periodic donor and internal requests for additional information on project activities their performance and result.
- Develop any operation report/analysis on an ad hoc basis as per manager request.
- Liaise closely with head of sectors in order to gather and collate accurate data about programme implementation and programme implementation in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps, activity-specific reports, as required.
- Deliver trainings to field staff on reporting.
- Prepare and share minutes of the meetings.
- Prepare information as required for visitors.
- Be available to take part in meeting organized as per management request and to participate in sectorial meeting and training organized by SC or external stakeholder.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor degree in social work, International Development, International Relations or related field
- At least two years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization
- Proven excellent English drafting and editing skills
- English skilled (fluent in speaking and writing)
- Thorough knowledge of SC operational activities
- Experience in an international and local NGOs (especially during the emergency phase)
- Experience in programming for large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Computer knowledge (proficient in word and excel and development of graphics
- Ability to write weekly and monthly report
- Excellent contact and diplomacy to manage relationship in tensed situation
- Experience in the social/humanitarian field
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organisation itself
- Ability to maintain consistent high standards of professional behaviour and achievement when working independently and as part of a team
- Well organized
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches