Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) Teacher
- Encouraging participation of all children without discrimination, i.e. regardless of gender, ethnicity, language, culture, religion or learning ability.
- Ensuring that children feel comfortable, safe and respected.
- Ensuring that the environment of the classroom promotes learning through the physical arrangements, and use of clear expectations, predictable procedures, and daily routines.
- Managing effectively the classroom and using child-centered, active teaching approaches, including appropriate positive discipline strategies to manage children’s behavior.
- Establishing clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicates those objectives to children.
- Teaching the national curriculum and using SCI approaches.
- Implementing learning modules in Arabic and French/English which involve speaking, listening, writing, phonological awareness and reading.
- Organizing and leading activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development of children, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, indoor and outdoor activities and field trips.
- Observing and evaluating children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health, using SCI assessment tools and keeps records of children learning outcomes.
- Using learning outcomes to monitor students’ progress towards curricula objectives. Teacher uses this to address the needs of his/her students and to inform his/her supervisor.
- Identifying children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and follows SCI safe and identification mechanism.
- Participating in SCI capacity building initiatives, attending monthly team meetings and engaging in peer-to-peer coaching where applicable.
- Facilitating positive parenting sessions for caregivers and conducting monthly meetings with caregivers to follow up on students’ progress.
- Complying with SCI policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating non-discriminatory working practices and encourages this in others.
- Liaising with SCI staff on internal issues. This includes attendance at meetings organized by SCI and to cooperate with SCI’s monitoring, providing information or reports if requested.
How to apply
Interested teachers are required to submit their technical & commercial proposals in a sealed envelope, addressed to Save the Children Int. Lebanon at the below address. The envelope should indicate the Procurement Request reference number, but have no other details relating to the bid. They should be labelled as such:
And submitted at our
Admin Office, SCI, Lebanon Country Office, Beirut Main Office 1st Floor, Bloc B, Sodeco Building, Al Nasra Street, Ashrafieh, Beirut, Lebanon
Tel: 01 614 680
The deadline of submission bids is on the August 14th COBExpired