Operations Support Officer
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. PLEASE ADD THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE. ADD COVER LETTER AND RESUME. THOSE WHO DO NOT, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Due to our human resources capacity, only those applicants selected for interviews will receive an email.
With the help of funding partner GIZ, we are looking for a local staff member to support our leadership team in Bekaa to make a tangible impact, and ensure better cooperation with local partners, donors, and institutions in Lebanon. The Operations Support Officer will assist the Operations Coordinator and Program Officer at the field level with planning and implementing project activities within his/her respective area of responsibility. Please write the title of the job you are applying to in the subject line. Attach your letter of motivation and resume.
The initial contract for a 2-month consultancy will be with GIZ, and the following renewable contract will be given by Salam LADC.
- Provide support to the management team to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities and flow of the program
- Liaise with partner organizations, municipalities, settlements, and beneficiaries
- Collaborate closely with the Operations Coordinator to communicate, schedule, and manage staff involvement across all field projects
- Coordinate and conduct settlement visitations as well as needs assessments related to education, health, etc.
- Continue and manage the implementation of M&E software - ODK (Open Data Kit) - and advocate staff use of M&E technology
- Participate and relay operational knowledge in meetings with partners and donors
- Track and maintain operational budgets
- Support Logistics Officer in the monitoring of product inventory
- Ensure security protocol, advisories and codes of conduct are adhered to by the field
- Produce progress reports on the assigned program activities
- Interpersonal interaction
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to liaise with diverse groups
- Staff and process leadership
- Organizational awareness
- Ability to interact with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a related field
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy, resolve conflicts and achieve results.
- Good skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Written and Orall)
An interest in the Syrian refugee crisis is also highly preferred
- Contract length: 6 months
- First two months is PART TIME
- Salary: $350 / month FIRST TWO MONTHS IN PART TIME (based on funding and performance, it will be switched to full time).
- Start date: as soon as possible