Procurement Manager- QITABI 3
TO APPLY follow this link.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Our staff of nearly 6,000 works in more than 75 countries—tackling hundreds of projects each year to address complex social and scientific challenges on behalf of governments, businesses, foundations, universities, and other clients and partners. Through independent research and science-based programs, we are making positive impacts on people and communities around the world. Our diverse team embraces challenges in an inclusive atmosphere that values work-life balance and creates global opportunities for career development. If you’re looking for a dynamic workplace culture, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities to grow, join our team and discover the RTI Difference.
IDG’s International Education Division supports education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. From our well-established reputation in education system strengthening, to innovative work in early grade assessment and learning, RTI is improving education quality, relevance and efficiency through implementation of projects funded by USAID, The LEGO Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and other donors and clients.
USAID/Lebanon has recently awarded RTI a $97 million USD, five-year Cooperative Agreement to build on nearly a decade of investments in the education system under Quality Instruction Towards Access and Basic Education (QITABI) 1 and 2. The purpose of QITABI 3 is to further strengthen education service government systems to yield student learning improvements across all of Lebanon’s public schools (first and second shifts) and in select low cost private schools that are vulnerable and economically disadvantaged. The activity will target an estimated 350,000 girls and boys in over a thousand of Lebanon’s public schools and vulnerable, economically disadvantaged low-cost private schools and will support the education system’s overall capacity to plan, budget, deliver, monitor, evaluate and institutionalize quality educational services by providing in-depth technical assistance to the Center for Educational Research and Development (CERD) and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE).
RTI is seeking a Procurement Manager to provide overall management of project procurement including but not limited to the processes of procurement (local and international), transport of procured goods, and oversight of Asset and Inventory Management and Control. The Procurement Manager will provide leadership and coordination of the entire procurement and logistics component in the project by ensuring compliance with RTI procurement and logistics policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Place of work: Beirut, Lebanon
- Supervisor: Senior Finance and Operations Director
Your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee procurement management of the project commodities/goods/materials and services required for operations.
- Take the lead in the preparation and implementation of the annual procurement plan supported with budget and time tables.
- Perform all phases of sourcing activity while ensuring best value for money and within required lead times for a variety of requirements, including analysis of overall budgetary impact for all types of procurement transactions.
- Effectively negotiate with suppliers on a wide variety of commodities/goods/materials and services for the best overall value of money to the project.
- Coordinate issuance of purchase orders in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the supply chain management efforts up to and including logistical support from the ordering point through the follow-up, and delivery of the required goods and/or services to the final destination.
- Prepare and issue procurement solicitation documents (Request for Quotes, Request for Proposals or Invitation for Tenders) and negotiate for assigned procurements such as commodities/goods/materials, and services.
- Understand and ensure compliance with legal guidelines, Federal Export Control (if applicable), contracting principles, sourcing and price/cost analysis requirements.
- Assist the Home Office Support Team in the preparation of requirements of federally funded contracts for consent to subcontract, source and origin waivers and budget approvals for nonexpendable properties; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Finance and Operations Director, and/or COP.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience
- Additional professional training in procurement and supply chain management/logistics management preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and strong computer skills of Microsoft Office applications and procurement and inventory control software.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies.
- Experience in general business administration and financial management.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field offices throughout Lebanon.