Music Consultant in Lebanon
1.0 Music for Social Change – Music Consultant in Lebanon
The goal of the project would be aiming to give full agency for youth and adolescents for them to be leading change in their communities instead of being beneficiaries and receiving services. They would be mobilized and equipped with music tools (creating instruments, composing and basic music theory), which would allow them to express their understanding about social and human rights issues. The main outcomes of the project are:
- Improved life skills through music for development and music activities for youth coaches and children.
- Youth and adolescents address rights and advocacy issues through the use of music.
Right to Play Lebanon seeks a dynamic music consultant to a) conduct field visits and support the communities technically during their music pieces production. b) video shoot the 27 games in the resource.
The consultant will conduct field visits 4 times a week over the course of 3 months. The purpose of these field visits is to technically support the groups while they are producing their music pieces. To elaborate, youth who have been trained on music skills through games, will start working together to write and compose a music piece. The consultant will be supporting these groups technically in order to improve and finalize these pieces professionally. Also, a developed music resource consisting of 27 games, will be videotaped. The consultant will be filmed conducting each game. The consultant will prepare and lead the game while a videographer is filming him/her. These short videos will serve as a visual interpretation of the games and then compiled on a CD and attached to the hard copy.
- EXPECTED TASKS AND DELIVERABLES OF JUNIOR CONSULTANT
The consultant is expected to conduct a total of 64 sessions over the course of 3 months. Each session consists of 1 hour. During these sessions, the consultant will technically support the groups musically (support, final tweaking, whatever is needed to bring the piece together). Also, over the course of 2 months, the consultant will shoot 27 videos, each video consisting of 40 sec to 1 min. These videos are the games portrayed visually in order to be used as a reference.
The overall activities and deliverables for the music consultant can be summarized in the table below:
- Conducting 64 field visits to support the technical music angle.
Progress report for each session
Starting beginning of December 2020 until February 2021.
- Video shooting 27 short videos. Each video is a game with a length of 40 sec to 1 minute,
27 mini videos
Starting the beginning of January 2021 until February 2021.
- ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Ideal candidates should have
- Professional music background
- Strong facilitation skills, particularly with regards to working with vulnerable groups
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills, including fluency in Arabic
- Interested in Right to Play
- Demonstrated understanding and support of principles of equity, participation and inclusion
Right To Play is a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs.
To learn more about how we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
How to apply
4.0 proposal application submission
Interested Individuals are requested to submit their:
- Respective CVs
- Observation points to focus on during the field visits
- A short video acting out a game
- Budget breakdown in USD with the LBP exchange rate (7.5% Tax deduction in case of no MOF#)
at [email protected] no later than November 22.
It should be clearly stated in email heading the following: “Music Consultant”. Early submissions are encouraged and appreciated.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Expired