"Providing Mental Health Services to Syrian Refugees and Lebanese host communities in Beirut, Mount Lebanon and the North”
The project addresses the health and mental health needs of Children at Risk and persons with mental illness among the Syrian refugee populations and the Lebanese host community in the most vulnerable areas in Beirut, Mount Lebanon (ML) and North Lebanon. Specifically, the action will contribute to improving the access of children at risk as well as displaced Syrian and vulnerable Lebanese Persons with Mental illness to comprehensive primary healthcare and to advanced/specialized diagnostic services, through the provision of subsidized mental health consultations in North Lebanon (particularly Batroun, Chekka, Qobbeh, Beb El Tabbaneh and Jabal Mohsen) and the Southern Suburbs of Beirut (particularly Baabda, Aley, Beirut, El Meten, El Chouf and Keserwan), and through dispensing free-of-charge chronic diseases medications to displaced Syrian and vulnerable Lebanese persons with mental illness in the targeted gaps areas.
Speech Therapist’s main tasks:
- Assess the level of speech impairments/delay, difficulty and set accordingly an individualized Treatment Plan
- To conduct speech therapy interventions to Syrian and Lebanese children/youth with special needs.
- To fill assessment and session record sheets upon each session.
- To fill discharge and end of treatment reports upon therapy completion
- To coordinate with the project coordinator and other specialists.
- To collaborate with parents through meetings in order to meet desired goals and to evaluate the child's current level, personal areas for development, and capacities.
- To undergo supervision and follow-up session
- To report on the child’s evolution and progress to the project coordination as requested and develop discharge summaries.
Skills and Work Ethics:
- Follows Restart Center’s policies and by laws
- Believes in concepts of human rights
- Respects each team member’s position
- Able to adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with patients from different backgrounds (cultural, ethnic….)
- Excellent command of English
- Ability to write reports
1-2 Years of Experience in a humanitarian setting (i.e. dealing with refugees and persons of high vulnerability)