Interested candidates can send their CVs and Cover letters to [email protected] mentioning "Environmental Officer" in the subject.
The Rene Moawad Foundation (RMF) is seeking an “Environmental Officer” for its USAID-funded “Promoting Sustainable Livelihoods- PSL” Activity. The PSL is implemented over the course of 5 years (ending September 2025) and aims to improve the livelihoods of residents of target municipalities through training, technical assistance, infrastructure rehabilitation, and marketing and improve and upgrade existing assets in their municipalities. The PSL goal is to sustain the livelihoods of 28,350 households across 7 clusters joining 134 municipalities in the Baalback El-Hermel, North, Bekaa, South and Mount Lebanon areas (first phase).
The PSL Environmental Officer will be responsible for environmental compliance of all RMF interventions under PSL activity.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing environmental impacts of interventions’ activities.
- Developing interventions’ initial environmental assessment, Environmental Review and Assessment Checklist (ERAC) and Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP), in accordance with USAID CFR 216 regulations and procedures.
- Develop environmental checklists in line with projects’ monitoring plans.
- Ensuring compliance of PSL interventions with USAID and Lebanese environmental regulations.
- Delivering trainings to RMF/PSL team on environmental compliance.
- Conducting visits to projects’ sites and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Supporting program with regards to environmental compliance, whenever needed.
- Minimum of 3 years working on USAID- funded projects.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven knowledge of USAID CFR 216 regulations is a plus.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Mount Lebanon